View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 01:45 AM
Lost his Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyjeep
Here's where I've mounted it: on the EH line and the bottom of the LL is 1.625" from the rear of the BT-50. The LL itself is 1.25" long.

Looks good. I approve of the way you align the launch lug and the motor clip. That is my preference to do too.

DavidQ's "overly technical" description is incorrect even if it's "artificially precise." Such a rendering ignores the two illustrations on the first page, and in the second illustration of step 7, where the launch lug appears to be in close alignment with the motor clip. The first illustration in step 7 appears to suggest placing the launch lug in a position on the body tube 180 degrees opposite of the motor clip. But in step 10 it appears as DavidQ's imprecise description suggests. My attempt at sarcasm seems to have flown the coop when I suggested the launch lug placement had anything to do with which two of three fins were important for launch lug placement. The best answer seems to be, "it doesn't matter which two fins."

Having judged classic model maybe a dozen or so times, I usually ignore the launch lug except when inspecting the model for "craftsmanship." But if I can see a launch lug in the entry's data packet, I may include its placement when evaluating "similarity of outline."
MTMA Section #606 President