View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 01:38 PM
Launching since 1970.

Ejection charge is now under control.

Initial amount was .5 grams.

Combined with the caplug retainer, this is too much for any model capable of being launched with such low thrust motors with 4 or 6 second delay times. in other words, the only models these motors will work in are BT-20, BT-50 and lightweight BT-55 and the volume is too small to withstand a .5 gram blast.

As soon as they got the feedback, they reduced them to .3 grams. i do not have a date code cut-in, but the first date is obviously .5 gram (050118).

Contact them if you need to report delay issues and maybe they can figure out what happened. After all, if they made or cut 1000 6 second delays and 1000 4 second delays and they made and shipped 1500 "-4" motors, and 500 "-6" motors then they should be able to determine what happened. if they made exactly the correct amount for the number of motors made and shipped, then they have to do more root-cause/corrective-action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
I strongly suspect that my “B4-4”s are mostly mislabeled B4-6s based on data I have in hand. But a couple of them - one from each of the two date codes I have - have been correct.

Since all the ejection charges have been far more than needed I wonder if there was simply too much specified....perhaps thinking based on other Aerotech products for much larger models.

I agree that tolerances of both delay grains and ejection charges need to be looked at.