View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 07:53 PM
The_Ripper

My original Omega also had the two piece nose cone just like yours and I do remember it being heavier too. I remember I built two Omega rockets and never had a problem with staging them. The stock kit always flew well for me. I flew my original on Estes motors and the second Omega that I built used C-60F FSI conversion kits in both stages. It was stable with an F100 with a couple of inches of overhang in the booster staged to an F7 in the sustainer.

Thrustline Aerospace was offering a clone kit of the Omega for $26.95 but I procrastinated and Thrustline closed before I had a chance to purchase one. I was hoping to get all the parts and decals in one place. Pretty cool that you're building an original kit!

Search the forum ..... Bob {Initiator001} had built an Omega clone in a red/black/silver scheme for boosting the Oracle camera. If I build another I do want to boost a camera with it since I never was able to afford a camera payload when I bought my first Omega as a kid.

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates