View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 09:01 PM
Dazed and Confused

I use Crystal Clear UV when making my own decals. I use Future on ALPS printed decals. I recall the instructions called for Microscale decal film, and it's about the same thing.

As for spray paints, I use Rustoleum and Valspar lacquers when I need black, white, red, navy, and yellow. Unless it's changed since I bought some, Rustoleum's Chinese Red is a nice substitute for Testor's Italian Red. (Valspar's Cherry Red enamel is close also.) Rustoleum also has pink and turquoise lacquers, but I won't be painting any rockets those colors. If I need something different and don't have any old cans on hand, I have to go to enamel. I don't have much trouble with lacquers, but I have to shake the snot out of enamels.

I do have an air brush. I normally use it for odd colors because I can mix whatever I want to get the shade I need. I generally use the cheap 99 cent acrylic stuff at Walmart but I have to strain it. If I used it much, I'd probably be better off using Creatix or something similar that's higher quality.

Good to know that Rustoleum seems willing to help out with cans that go bad.