View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Forest Sprite

I love those old E.I.R.P. plans from the early '60's! This was the kind of stuff that was in the literature that I received from Estes Industries when I got into rocketry in '67. You get the feeling that these were the kinds of designs that they were flying right at the dawn of the hobby, when Vern Estes and Harry Stine and a small group of other fliers were still figuring things out. Nothing too terribly big or complicated, these early plans have a quaint kind of home-brewed quality about them. It is as if they were made when the total number of model rocketeers was still just in the dozens, not even in the hundreds yet, and everyone was trying everything that they could think of (within reason) to see if any of it would actually work. It must have been a very heady, very exciting time. Looking at these old plans gives me a sense of that, and I want to build and launch many of them in order to get the actual feeling of it, too.

You will show us pictures of your build, won't you, John?

Mark \\.
Mark S. Kulka NAR #86134 L1,_ASTRE #471_Adirondack Mountains, NY
Opinions Unfettered by Logic • Advice Unsullied by Erudition • Rocketry Without Pity
+09281962-TAK-08272007+
SAM # 0011