View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Jflis writes:

Thank you for your time and consideration with regard to these questions.

Would Estes consider creating bulk packs of 24mm motors (C, D, E) for consumers and educators?
Sure.

Tbzep writes:

A related question. Could you do bulk/educator packs of A8-5's? The A8-3 delay is way too short for Alphas, Generic E2X's, etc. that most schools use. I have to buy individual packs of A8-5's for my school programs.
I will check with our school person.

BEC writes:

I know I've posted my two (one not rocket-related), but I want to second the request for bulk A8-5s for the very same reason as tbzep has cited.

J.A.Duke writes:

Mr Tunick:

Thank you for agreeing to answer our questions.
You’re welcome.

I'd like to know if Estes would be willing to re-introduce National Association of Rocketry (NAR) flyers into its kits.
I don’t know—it is a cost issue and doesn’t provide any pay back to us-we are trying to reduce the paper not add to it.

Ltvscout writes:

Mr. Tunick,

Could we have more Q&A sessions in the future where we talk to longtime employees of Estes? I know there are some employees there that have been with the company longer than yourself. Their insightful knowledge can help preserve the history of Estes as a company.
Sure but it has to be up to them—I can ask-who did you have in mind.

R3tic writes:

With the restrictions hopefully lifted from composite motors, will Estes start producing mid/high power rockets?
No.

Jtaylor writes:

My question would be:

Do you know if there are any plans to re-produce the Fat Boy?
The fat boy—is it gone—wow—of course I loved the fat boy –we have entered it into the biggest loser contest.

Jerry Irvine writes:

Is there a reasonable chance of Estes reintroducing composite motors? If so, what power level?
No—Jerry I have heard about you all the time—you are a rocket rock star—and I am talking to you—wow--

thanks everyone—sorry for the typos.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558