View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Born Again Rocketeer.....Again!!!

Well, everything would start with a good business plan and model for the company you wish to start. Business plans are not easy since a good part of it, especially the "financials" are sometime based on speculation and ideal business conditions. Entering the rocket market could be difficult, but if you have a good plan in place with some cool, different designs and other different product offerings then it could be possible. Also, you wouldn't have to have all of the capital start up money - with a good plan it is possible to find potential investors to help offset costs in the beginning, including startup costs.

Marketing would take a BIG chunk of your fund in the beginning. Surveys and other information gathering would have to take place in order to see if a new rocket company would be worth starting up. I dont' think that you would need a board or anything for such a small company, but I would have the minimum of a President, VP-marketing and sales, VP-operations, office manager, administrative staff, and warehousing/shipping. Design engineers and manufacturing could be handled in-house or contracted out, especially the manufacturing.

There are numerous other things to consider but these are the top things I could think of off the top of my head.......