View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Thanks, it works for me. In actuality, it turned more into a flight log than a checklist, but I made sure to include all the information I wanted to have available to me during prep (the checklist) built into it too. I should have some free time tomorrow and will see what I can do about getting a template up. I did not check about the sharing options when I put it together. I know I can email the form (or links to the form) to others to use, but all of the information goes to my database file on Google Docs. I'm sure there's got to be a way to just copy the whole thing and post it as an attachment or something so others can move it to their Google Docs and I'll do that. It should be pretty easy for anyone to modify to fit their needs.

I had two versions. The first was much nicer from a form standpoint in that depending on your selection in one field, the contents of the following fields changed to just those that apply. For example, if I selected the Baby Bertha as my rocket, it would then send me to a page with motor choices specific to the Baby Bertha.

However, as nice as that was filling out the form, when I needed to update/add more rockets, the more "pages" I had to keep organized. But the big problem was when looking at the data submitted by the form in the database itself. Instead of motors used being in one column, there was a separate motor column for each rocket and then several other subsequent entries relative to a specific item, and the number of columns grew such that I had to scroll forever to find everything. And when I generated a stat report, the data was all split up everywhere.

I modified it so that the recommended motor, parachute, and launch rod diameter info is all included with the rocket names in that selection field. I decide/double check on the motor there, and then select which motor I'm actually using, out of a list of all my motors, in a different field for the log. I don't remember if I kept a copy of original version or not, but if I did, I'll include both when I get to it.