I'm looking for detailed information about the detailed etching on the original Interceptor nose cones. I understand that there are at least three similar cones in the BT55-sized Interceptor family:
* The PNC-55EJ, a two-part injection molded nose that came with the K-50 and the original 1250 Interceptor kits.
* The PNC-50B, a blow-molded nose included with the Vindicator and the USS Pleiades
* The Reissue Interceptor nose cone.
Specifically, I'm looking for one or more of three things:
* Information that the PNC-55EJ has the same fine etched detail as the PNC-50B. I'd hope that if someone has both, they could compare the fine detail of the embossing around the cockpit windshield and elsewhere to see if they match. I know that the embossing of the 50B and the Reissue differ, but I still don't know if the 55EJ has even different details. (I have the 50B, so this knowledge would let me use the 55B pretty much interchangeably with the 55EJ)
* Detailed photos of a real 55EJ from an original K-50 or 1250 so I could compare to my 55B.
* Someone willing to sell me their 55EJ (or loan it for a while so I could collect the detail from it)
FYI, the 55EJ is easy to discern, because it has a flat bottom, with a rounded shock cord mount on the bottom. The 55B has a diagonal slice taken out of the shoulder, with one of the angled shock cord mounts. The Reissue has the same shoulder and shock cord mount as the 55B, but the Reissue has squared etching around the cockpit window, and the 50B has etching that follows the contours of the window.
Oh yeah, the Nose Cone Reference
which we should all know about says that the PNC-55B "is the blow molded version of the Interceptor nose, PNC-55EJ". Does that mean that the fine detail is also the same?