View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 12:38 AM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenturiGuy
Ten light years. They're a little bit longer than miles.

Actually, I can't (and won't pretend to) speak for Carl, but I *think* he told me one time (or else I just figured it out using my 2-year business degree) that during the first incarnation of Semroc, he had about 200 investors that he had to answer to.

Man, if that was *me,* I'd find it pretty distracting.

So, my guess is, "Hard to say," but Carl can elaborate further if he wants.

Cheers,
A lawyer that I respect much more now once told me to never "go public" unless you want to give up your dream and go to work for someone else. I did not listen to him the first time.

Very seriously now, I don't want to give up this dream a second time. It would be nice to be able to expand, hire people, and get more equipment, but we just have to do it at the pace our sales allow. And we don't want to grow too fast. Sheryl told me earlier today that she hoped we never got too big that we could not treat each customer as an individual. She also wanted us to be known in the future as the best model rocket company ever. She did not mention that she wanted to be the richest model rocket company.

So I guess we have swapped 200 stockholders to try to appease for about 800 customers that we want to please. As they say in the ad, "All the difference in the world."
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com