View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 08:18 AM
NAR #78048 L1 - Life Member

Thanks Steve;

It seems I only have one photo of the underside before flight, taken just after the masking had been peeled away. That's the first photo, below. There you'll see I had masked a strip just below the launch lug, as I was worried that leaving that area black would discolor the red decal strip that would later be placed over top.

The next two photos are of the somewhat banged up model, post-flight. The first of those shows the finished underside of the model. The second photo gives some idea of the masking involved for the edges and wing tips, and of course those ducky canards. Masking those edges and tips, making sure one had not left any pinholes or bleed-through spots behind, is what took the time.

As mentioned at the outset, the STA was an enjoyable build, although I'm not in a rush to do another! Thanks again for your note - you'd be most welcome to join us for our forthcoming regional, the Carl McLawhorn Memorial Flyoff VI, should you be able to make the trip. Details to be found here - http://www.psc473.org/Contest.htm

Looking forward to seeing you soon;
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Heat Shield.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  51.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Finished Heat Shield.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  210.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Heat Shield Side View.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  161.6 KB