View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 09:38 AM
BAR

I dunno... Glue threads are like asking "which is best-- blondes, brunettes, or red heads??"

I like all of em...

Different glue for different jobs...

Paper to paper joints white glue is best... Wood to paper and wood to wood yellow glue. Plastic to plastic, tenax usually, but not always... Plastic to paper, like wraps... It depends.... Hard to bond materials, usually epoxy, stuff when you need extra working time to get everything positioned just so, epoxy for sure.

CA strictly for hardening balsa, I never use it structurally for bonds... Shear strength is terrible and it gets brittle over time. Shorter the time on epoxy the weaker it is... Never use less than 30 minute...

Want a fin joint stronger than either the balsa or tube itself that locks then together near instantly? You simply cannot beat the good old double glue joint using yellow wood glue... The fin will snap or the tube delaminate before the joint lets go.... Like a good weld, no need in going for stronger when either the part or surrounding parent metal will break before the weld does...

Fillets--Titebond moulding and trim wood glue hands down... One and done, no drips, no sags, no voids... We finger makes perfect fillets in one app most of the time... No sanding required.

Later! OL J R