View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by motley16
what does your gut tell you? is this good for the hobby? are we all going to be better off? if there are no buyers will estes rockets fold? all the kits that were to be released in 09 was not realistic. just had to know it was not going to happen. the reason for the "delay" is not important it is what it is. hype smoke and mirrors to get us all jazzed for all those great kits. well we will see when the kits hit the shelves "late summer" of what year? yeah we will get the goods just dont hold your breath.

This is my personal opinion.

Unless a hobby related company purchases Estes, I think there could be problems, as was the case with Damon. Damon was a medical equipment company, so, why did they want both Estes and Centuri, this topic has been discussed so many times, you can say it's history.

As far as the Classic Series goes, due to the CPSC HR4040 (lead law) much effort was placed on being in compliance.

The original release date for the first 17 kits was this month (March) lbut has been pushed off until July, they are coming. You have to take the circumstances into consideration. Any company that has a "plan" can get off track with circumstances beyond their control.

In this tough economic atmosphere, any company anywhere is experiencing their own "situations".

I would strongly suggest that you buy up as much Estes product as possible, you don't know what the future will hold with a new owner.