View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 04:05 PM
BP Mafia

Default My latest eBay haul

I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw this eBay listing, but I think there were only two bids made, so I'm not sure anyone saw much of interest in it. It arrived yesterday, and the birds I could identify were the Estes A.S.P. in a non-scale color scheme, an original Estes AstroCam 110 that is missing the decal, an Estes Exocet that's in great shape but for the shock cord, some kind of MPC/Estes hybrid with a dangerous fin can, what appears to have once been an Estes Astron Cobra with a modified fin can and unsealed cluster mount, an Estes Pathfinder, Estes Patriot and a ragged Estes Scorpion, and another scratch build that I spent my lunch break working on last night. It's now in flyable shape except for the shock cord. There's another scratch build that looks like it came out of a Designer's Special, but I'm having trouble getting the pic to load. All need the expected shock cord repair. The Patriot was damaged during packing when it was forced into the box, pushing the plastic fin can of the hybrid through the fin for about 1/2". Pretty easily fixable. At least two of the birds are old enough to employ the two slit shock cord mount method.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  A.S.P..jpg
Views: 59
Size:  52.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  AstroCam 110.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  52.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Exocet.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  46.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Hybrid bird.jpg
Size:  54.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Modified Cobra.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  70.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Pathfinder.jpg
Size:  64.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Patriot.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  62.0 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Scorpion.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  79.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Scratch.jpg
Size:  67.1 KB  

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc - Starfighter Scorpion Centuri - Mini Dactyl Estes - F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II, Xarconian Cruiser Semroc - Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark