View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 04:36 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
For you newer members, Don joined YORF in its infancy. He contributed several plans for Scott's YORS section and was a frequent contributor on YORF. He built and flew interesting rockets and competed in Memphis, but I don't know if he ever competed at a national level. He's an all around good guy. Hopefully he will retire in a few years and come back to YORF with some interesting builds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Let me sing the praises of Don (Barone). Many years ago I was looking for a Medalist launch tower so my daughter and I could compete in NAR competitions. Don saw my post and PM'd me he had one of the towers he was no longer using much. He sold it to me for a very reasonable price and shipped the giant thing to me so it arrived in perfect shape.

My daughter and I subsequently used that tower to learn to compete. Our competition voyage together has been truly wonderful and we owe a huge debt of gratitude for that to Don.

Don Fent - Barone
Don is a great guy, he always paid it forward whenever he had the chance. Haven't heard from him in a long time but glad to hear is still around. I got to launch with him a few times, and Don wasn't scared to launch anything, on anything in any weather. "Model rockets were meant to fly"
Was once SAM#0132