View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 06:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Thanks. Any ideas on what kind of gloss coat might work best? I was thinking about hitting it with a couple of coats of Future, but does that really protect the decals.
Speaking of which, the decals all went on easily except for the big wrap decal at the front of the body tube. It broke into three pieces and had to be fit into place like a puzzle. Luckily the decals didn't grab all that fast, so I was able to reposition them fairly easily.

Nice job Bill. The Alien Invader never really did anything for me when it was produced, but your clone changes my mind.

I've used Future on two models so far. Both still look brand new. Both have flow and show no signs of wear. I applied the Future with a foam brush and it tended to bubble and the more you brush the more it bubbles. It eventually cleared up though. If there's one con it's the tendency to run. I thought I got all the runs spread out but after it fried I noticed a couple I missed. You really have to paw over the models to find them though. As far as protecting the decals, I think it does just as fine a job as any clearcoat.