View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 05:22 PM
I do not like Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swillie
From what I understand looking online...
I install a standard Aero Pack 38mm screw on type retainer. (do 38mm motors have a thrust ring on them to hold the engine aft??

Reloadable motors do. There may be some single use motors which require that you wrap some tape around the nozzle end to make a thrust ring.

Quote:
Also 38mm motors would mean I would need to achieve level 1 certification, right? This is all new ground for me, I thought I was getting a 29mm kit.)

There are a few 38mm mid-power motors. The single grain Pro-38 comes to mind.

Quote:
If I want to fly 29mm which would likely be the case, I simply place the motor in a 29mm to 38mm Aero Pack motor adapter. It looks as though the adapter comes with a spacer which you place in the 38mm retainer cap and screw the cap on.

Is this correct??

I originally said that is correct, but I reread your question. The adapter looks like an elongated spool with a larger ring at one of the ends - that end fits into the 38mm retainer. I do not recall there being a spacer.

But you will want to check with a local vendor to see whether the motor casing you have or intend to get will fit correctly. This design was originally for AT hardware. I do not know whether a CTI Pro-29 casing will fit.

Bill

If your June, July, August and September was like this, you might just hate summer too...

Please unload your question before you ask it unless you have a concealed harry permit.

: countdown begin cr dup . 1- ?dup 0= until cr ." Launch!" cr ;

Give a man a rocket and he will fly for a day; teach him to build and he will spend the rest of his days sanding...