View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sams
If there was a bigfoot, wouldn't we by now have found a skeleton somewhere?

(1) Where are the skeletons? What happens when any 'critter' dies in the wilderness? Soon as death occurs, everything from large carnivores to microbes start 'chowing down', and within a number of days most of the carcass is gone.

A few years back, a television documentary showed an experiment done by {I can't remember who} where a dead deer carcass was layed out on the forest, staked down, and then 'watched' by {at least one} time-lapse camera. In less than two weeks - and it *MIGHT* have been less than a week, I don't remember - most of the carcass was gone.

I have also heard a statistic - I don't remember the exact statistic or who said it - but if 'old bones' just layed around instead of getting 'disposed of' by the natural environment, the great plains of North America would be at least 100 feet deep in bison bones from all the bison that existed here over the eons.

(2) It's possible that somebody DOES have part of a skeleton. I've heard numerous times that many universities and museums - including the SMITHSONIAN - have LARGE stores of artifacts that have never been displayed, or even cataloged<sp?>. If these creatures are similar to us skeleton-wise, it is certainly possible that there is a 'squatch' bone {or bones} stored somewhere that was mistaken for a human bone.

Just my two cents....