Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Are there any other Bigfoot believers on here? (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=10706)

Cohetero-negro 02-14-2012 02:01 PM

Are there any other Bigfoot believers on here?

I ask the question with trepidation.

As some of you know, I personally believe the creature exists. My wife stated to me that she and her first husband saw the creature near Lawrence Livermore labs in the early 1970's while hunting for snakes at dusk.

I understand there are hoaxes out there, but not all of them are; 100% are not hoaxes.

Sightings here in Arizona are on the rise, and this might be the year of the Bigfoot as many search groups are getting better funding, equipment and organization.

Reports are up in Arizona, mainly on Indian land:

http://64.38.12.138/News/2012/004507.asp

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/state_listing.asp?state=az

Kentucky, Michigan, and Oregon are also showing increased activity.

I believe with the milder winter, Bigfeet have started to change their normal migration patterns and as a result are coming into areas they would normally not visit.

Also, with the reduced cold, we may see an slight bump in their overall population as a mild winter won't kill off the sick or elderly 'Feet, and mating should increase due to earlier and greater food availability.

I myself have never seen a 'squach', but I have talked to people who have. These people are not on talk shows, or selling books/T-shirts. As matted of fact, most of them don't even like discussing Bigfoot as when they do, they are labeled crazy.

J

ghrocketman 02-14-2012 02:11 PM

NO.
NONE.
Bigfeet ??? C'mon noww...surely you jest.
These are NOT the droids you are looking for....
Move Along.

Utter nonsense.
Unless one is captured and caged or found dead and able for normal public to see during normal hours, they do NOT and have NEVER existed.

This thread belongs in a subsection of "Free for All" titled "Total Lunacy/Insanity/Ridiculousness"

chrism 02-14-2012 03:26 PM

I don't discount that there is a possibility they do exist but I would like to see conclusive evidence.

There have been BF trackers before like Josh Gates and Moneymaker (I forget his first name)who is a guest on Coast to Coast from time to time but no one came up with any proof as of yet.

foamy 02-14-2012 03:30 PM

I put Bigfoot in the same catagory as the Lochness Monster. Every time I see a TV show about one or the other—they never find it and conclusive proof never turns up. How they can keep making those shows and making money... I've given up on watching them.

Plus, they're big enough that if they haven't been positively identified by now, then they don't exist. Surely one of them would have been filmed in a McDonald's waste bin by now.

Doug Sams 02-14-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrism
I don't discount that there is a possibility they do exist but I would like to see conclusive evidence.

There have been BF trackers before like Josh Gates and Moneymaker (I forget his first name)who is a guest on Coast to Coast from time to time but no one came up with any proof as of yet.
Well, "Coast to Coast" is certainly a credible reference :)

Seriously, I agree with you - there's always a chance, but evidence is needed.

If there was a bigfoot, wouldn't we by now have found a skeleton somewhere?

Or maybe the Lochness monster eats their bones :)

Doug

ghrocketman 02-14-2012 03:34 PM

Wanna satify the non-believers ?
Trap one...I don't know of anywhere having a limit on them.

Bigfeet are the same kind of nonsensical fodder that fuels the KOOK "ghost hunter" and "UFO spotter" FOOLS.

This Bigfoot clown gets too much coverage; he should have to share more of the spotlight with the Abominable Snowman.

Doug Sams 02-14-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamy
How they can keep making those shows and making money...?
That's sort of a self-answered question, no? That is, making money is why they keep making those shows ;)
This is a great example of the Barnum theorem - there's a "viewer" born every minute :)

Doug

Doug Sams 02-14-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Wanna satify the non-believers ?
Trap one...I don't know of anywhere having a limit on them.
I don't know. You get up near the 49th...I betcha those Canucks have already set one :)

Doug

dlazarus6660 02-14-2012 03:39 PM

I Belive....

I belive in squach's, always have, can't wait to see one standing right next to it's alien creators, the greys.

A friend of mine had a class B encounter with one a few years back. He didn't belive in them either until that day.

I love to watch Animal Planet's Finding Bigfoot. The thousands of dollars they use to travel around and they can only afford four cameras to strap on the trees! :chuckle:

DaveR 02-14-2012 04:58 PM

Personally, I don't think there is such a thing. How is that with all of today's digital gizmo's and bazillion pixel cameras the "new" videos/pics that supposedly prove the exsistence of bigfoot are all grainy and out of focus? :rolleyes:

dlazarus6660 02-14-2012 05:45 PM

Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveR
Personally, I don't think there is such a thing. How is that with all of today's digital gizmo's and bazillion pixel cameras the "new" videos/pics that supposedly prove the exsistence of bigfoot are all grainy and out of focus? :rolleyes:

Ditto on UFO's

jharding58 02-15-2012 03:19 AM

umm... no

jetlag 02-15-2012 05:08 AM

Lizardman

I don't know...
I think the Lizardman is about as real as a Sasquatch. But the Lizardman is ours in S.C. I do a lot of hunting, but I have yet to see him... :(

Maybe this year!

http://www.reptoids.com/Vault/Bishopville.htm

Allen

mojo1986 02-15-2012 07:08 AM

You should see the size of the feet on my brother in law!

Cohetero-negro 02-15-2012 11:51 AM

OK, OK, I see this isn't the place to discuss Bigfoot.

Bigfoot requires both maturity and an open mind, and frankly it isn't going to enter into this discussion :)

I believe the creatures exist and yes it will take a body or some form of remains that can be DNA tested to prove it once and for all!

I believe the creature is out there, and I hope one day I can say to tall of you, "I told you so!".

J

jharding58 02-15-2012 12:33 PM

Your statement would indicate that any opinion not aligned with your is immature and closed minded. Simply not the case. Given the number of hoax and uncorroborated "alternate indigenous hominids" (Piltdown Man comes to mind) a sceptical outlook on concepts from the fringe is both healthy and historically justified.

Given that Squatch seems to occupy habitat similar to large bears, would there not be competition? If bears can take humans, it would be logical that they could also predate upon sub-humans; either adult or immature. That would entail at some point in the millenia of proposed existence that there would be remains. Not just some bizarre scat in a folklore museum.

I concede that there are certain QEDs for unseen species - who, for example, has ever seen a baby pigeon?

tmacklin 02-15-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlazarus6660
Ditto on UFO's

Scoff if you must but I am a believer in UFO phenominum after this http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/041/S41092.html experience, especially after reading other very similar reports from widely spread geographic locations from other observers who apparently saw the same event. I've never seen anything like this before or since and still have no clue as to what caused what I observed.

My recollection (not posted on the NUFORC site) is that two of the lights were white and one was greenish in color and that they were closer to the horizon than reported by my son's friend. Also, I think I used saltier language when I first spotted these lights. I hate it when that happens.

As for Sasquatch, I had a guy do some work for me one time and he indeed had big feet. :eek:

Joe Wooten 02-15-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacklin
As for Sasquatch, I had a guy do some work for me one time and he indeed had big feet. :eek:

Like my #3 son who has size 14 feet........

Shreadvector 02-15-2012 01:59 PM

I hear Bigfoot all the time.

https://www.google.com/search?q=big...earchBox&ie=&oe=

ghrocketman 02-15-2012 02:17 PM

Bigfoot discussion does not require "maturity and an open mind"; it requires LUNACY/INSANITY if it is discussed in any flavor other than to ridicule/ostracize the nutbags that see it as anything but pure nonsense.

tmacklin 02-15-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Wooten
Like my #3 son who has size 14 feet........

That right there is a Big Foot!

My guy was about 25 at the time, 1993 I think. Six foot four and probably weighed in somewhere between 350-400 pounds. If his legs were proportional to his upper body he'd have been a seven footer. Neck as big as a Saint Bernard. When he rode shotgun in my '81 Chevy pickup it would list about 10 degrees to his side, and when I'd pull up to a stoplight, people would roll up their windows and hit their door locks.

We all called him Sasquatch, but not to his face! :eek:

Shreadvector 02-15-2012 02:35 PM

Not only do I listen to Bigfoot quite often, I just rememberd that I have more than one Bigfoot in my garage!

http://www.ninfinger.org/rockets/ca...83/83est54.html

Joe Wooten 02-15-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

My guy was about 25 at the time, 1993 I think. Six foot four and probably weighed in somewhere between 350-400 pounds. If his legs were proportional to his upper body he'd have been a seven footer. Neck as big as a Saint Bernard. When he rode shotgun in my '81 Chevy pickup it would list about 10 degrees to his side, and when I'd pull up to a stoplight, people would roll up their windows and hit their door locks.

Tom is about 6'2", 210 lbs, and is right now a machine gunner in a Marine Helicopter Assault company. They were supposed to be doing a Western Pacific Cruise right now, but the USS Essex keeps breaking down and the Navy does not have a replacement ship available.

Joe Wooten 02-15-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Bearded, long hair too??

tmacklin 02-15-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:
Bearded, long hair too??

No. Short haircut and clean shaven. But scary, like the mountain men in the movie Deliverence. Last time a saw him he was probably pushing 500 pounds and barely able to walk into a convenience store. Sad, really.

Cohetero-negro 02-15-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:
Scoff if you must but I am a believer in UFO phenominum after this http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/041/S41092.html experience, especially after reading other very similar reports from widely spread geographic locations from other observers who apparently saw the same event. I've never seen anything like this before or since and still have no clue as to what caused what I observed.

My recollection (not posted on the NUFORC site) is that two of the lights were white and one was greenish in color and that they were closer to the horizon than reported by my son's friend. Also, I think I used saltier language when I first spotted these lights. I hate it when that happens.

I wrote here about a sighting that I had back in the 1990's of UFO's over Concord CA ... I have seen Earth skimming meteors, high alt jets going Mach, air refueling, Mercury dancing all over the horizon... LITERALLY! , bolides (one in CA another in MI), Satellite transits, objects re-entering from space, missiles going off coarse and being destroyed mid-air. You name it, I have seen it!

What I saw back in the 1990's, over Concord/Pittsburg CA, is NOTHING NOTHING ... N O T H I N G like I have ever seen in my life!

So there is SOMETHING up there. What? I don't know, but I know for sure, it isn't ours :o

J

Shreadvector 02-15-2012 03:43 PM

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b2b_1289254735

nukemmcssret 02-15-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo1986
You should see the size of the feet on my brother in law!

You know what they say about big feet??? :chuckle:

nukemmcssret 02-15-2012 03:58 PM

Hog Wash

I Agree with the theory that big Foot is Hogwash. With thermal imagry and night vision and as a lot of people have said technology would have found one by now.

Cohetero-negro 02-15-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukemmcssret
I Agree with the theory that big Foot is Hogwash. With thermal imagry and night vision and as a lot of people have said technology would have found one by now.

Nuke,

They do have film footage but every expert claims its just a man in a gorilla suit.

No, there is SOMETHING to this. The number of squaches in N. America would have to number around at least 3000 to have a population that could survive breading cycles.

Now spread that 3000 out over all of N. America and you start to see how it can be very hard to detect these creatures.

Just 10,000 years ago, a blink of an eye, we had a giant 8 - 9 foot tall ape living right here in North America: Gigantopithecus - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantopithecus

So, a large APE in North America? You bet ya!

A lot of other species who were thought to have gone extinct several tens of thousands of years ago, have popped up alive and well ... just saying.

J

Shreadvector 02-15-2012 04:20 PM

breading cycles. Must be something connected with the County Fair - like when they run out of Twinkies to deep fry, they start to grab bicycles and bread them....:chuckle:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/29524/the-simpsons-scrabble
Kwyjibo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VIL...feature=related

en Francais.....

Joe Wooten 02-15-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohetero-negro

Just 10,000 years ago, a blink of an eye, we had a giant 8 - 9 foot tall ape living right here in North America: Gigantopithecus - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantopithecus

So, a large APE in North America? You bet ya!

Where is the fossil evidence? All the giganthropus fossils found so far are in SE Asia and the youngest is over 300,000 yrs old.

tmacklin 02-15-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Okay. Then how do you explain your average politician? ;)

Shreadvector 02-15-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:
Okay. Then how do you explain your average politician? ;)

Swamp gas. :D

Cohetero-negro 02-15-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:
Where is the fossil evidence? All the giganthropus fossils found so far are in SE Asia and the youngest is over 300,000 yrs old.

I will retract the 10,000 year and location. I was referring to the teeth found over in the China and the assertion that some of these teeth are as young as 10k years.

There is also sightings of the 'Pygmy Bigfoot' of Asia, and of course the Yeti.

At one time, there were many different bipedal 'ape' creatures all over the planet living around each other. Some speculate that through breading and mutation, homosapien came into being ... this is of course if you believe the evolution mode.

J

Cohetero-negro 02-15-2012 04:47 PM

Here is our tree... not to flattering actually:

Classification
Skulls of an orangutan and a gorilla

The seven living species of great ape are classified in four genera. The following classification is commonly accepted:[1]

Family Hominidae: humans and other great apes; extinct genera and species excluded[1]
Subfamily Ponginae
Genus Pongo
Bornean orangutan, Pongo pygmaeus
Pongo pygmaeus pygmaeus
Pongo pygmaeus morio
Pongo pygmaeus wurmbii
Sumatran orangutan, Pongo abelii
Subfamily Homininae
Tribe Gorillini
Genus Gorilla
Western gorilla, Gorilla gorilla
Western lowland gorilla, Gorilla gorilla gorilla
Cross River gorilla, Gorilla gorilla diehli
Eastern gorilla, Gorilla beringei
Mountain gorilla, Gorilla beringei beringei
Eastern lowland gorilla, Gorilla beringei graueri
Tribe Hominini
Genus Pan
Common chimpanzee, Pan troglodytes
Central chimpanzee, Pan troglodytes troglodytes
West African chimpanzee, Pan troglodytes verus
Nigerian chimpanzee, Pan troglodytes ellioti
Eastern chimpanzee, Pan troglodytes schweinfurthii
Bonobo (pygmy chimpanzee), Pan paniscus
Genus Homo
Human, Homo sapiens sapiens

DaveR 02-15-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

...and with as many vehicles that are now on the roads, surely someone would have tatered one by now.

Joe Wooten 02-15-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohetero-negro
Here is our tree... not to flattering actually:

Classification
Skulls of an orangutan and a gorilla

The seven living species of great ape are classified in four genera. The following classification is commonly accepted:[1]

Family Hominidae: humans and other great apes; extinct genera and species excluded[1]
Subfamily Ponginae
Genus Pongo
Bornean orangutan, Pongo pygmaeus
Pongo pygmaeus pygmaeus
Pongo pygmaeus morio
Pongo pygmaeus wurmbii
Sumatran orangutan, Pongo abelii
Subfamily Homininae
Tribe Gorillini
Genus Gorilla
Western gorilla, Gorilla gorilla
Western lowland gorilla, Gorilla gorilla gorilla
Cross River gorilla, Gorilla gorilla diehli
Eastern gorilla, Gorilla beringei
Mountain gorilla, Gorilla beringei beringei
Eastern lowland gorilla, Gorilla beringei graueri
Tribe Hominini
Genus Pan
Common chimpanzee, Pan troglodytes
Central chimpanzee, Pan troglodytes troglodytes
West African chimpanzee, Pan troglodytes verus
Nigerian chimpanzee, Pan troglodytes ellioti
Eastern chimpanzee, Pan troglodytes schweinfurthii
Bonobo (pygmy chimpanzee), Pan paniscus
Genus Homo
Human, Homo sapiens sapiens

And that is on top of several even closer cousins like Neandertals, , Archaic Sapiens, Erectus, and the austropicenes.

Randy 02-15-2012 07:36 PM

My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen, please allow me to end the debate once and for all.

We have routinely seen and interacted with not 1 not 2 but 3 bigfeet over the last 33 years. One is a size 15 the other two are size 14 and can be frequently seen under my kitchen table. I even have dozens of photos to prove it. Verna will even testify that their feet were that big the day they arrived. In addition, 2 sets of slightly smaller feet may be seen here from time to time as well, evidently the females have slightly smaller feet.

Randy
www.vernarockets.com

jetlag 02-16-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharding58
... - who, for example, has ever seen a baby pigeon?

I've eaten lots of them! They are called 'Squab' and are absolutely delicious when baked with lots of butter and spices. Split the back and broil them. They are not 'babies' in the true sense of the word; they are just very young... :)
Allen