Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Mission Control (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Ready for Saturday! (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=11962)

Bill Gibson 12-13-2012 05:50 PM

Ready for Saturday!

If the weather man is correct(not usually!) it could be darn near perfect for the TTRA launch here in sunny Fla.!!.........sure hope so!

chadrog 12-13-2012 05:55 PM

Looks like a great day to me! Hope mother nature helps you out.

Bill Gibson 12-13-2012 06:38 PM

Thanks Chadrog! Im all excited!! My Granddaughters are going with me to launch they're Starfires, an Alpha, and a Wizard.....Im gonna send up my Leviathon for the first time, gonna use a G40W for its maiden flight.....we'll see what happens!

John Brohm 12-13-2012 06:56 PM

Bill;

That's a fine fleet and I think you've identified the very best way to fly it - with your granddaughters! Enjoy the day, but enjoy those little ones the most.

chadrog 12-13-2012 10:57 PM

Be carefull, you're creating monsters! Rocket monsters, that is - the good kind. How much does your Leviathan weigh? That thing should scoot on a G40!

jadebox 12-14-2012 09:25 AM

I wasn't planning to go to the TTRA launch tomorrow, but you've talked me into it. :-)

Actually, a friend called to say that he wants to go, so I decided to ride alogn with him.

-- Roger

hcmbanjo 12-14-2012 11:02 AM

Hi Bill,
I'll see you there!
(I'm the guy driving Roger over.)
I'll be bringing more models than I'll have time to fly!

A Fish Named Wallyum 12-14-2012 11:35 AM

Have a great day. Don't forget the pics and flight report. ;) If the weatherman is right, the weather tomorrow for the OAMC launch is lousy, but Sunday looks better. I'll reserve judgement until morning.

Bill Gibson 12-14-2012 07:22 PM

Chris and Roger, we'll see ya there..glad you changed your minds...i think it will be a NICE day! Bill, will do on the pics and flight report...i hope you will have good weather and GREAT flights! Chadrog, they are pretty good kids.....for ROCKET monsters! :D I honestly have no idea how much my Leviathon weighs...i need to get a scale. Ill sure let ya know how it goes! John, thank you for the compliment on the fleet! I was just made aware of the incident in Ct........my heart aches for those families....my Grandkids are here, we just had dinner...i thank GOD for them just about everyday. Im sure this ol world is slowly going insane, so im thankful for everyday we have together.

AstronMike 12-14-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gibson
If the weather man is correct(not usually!) it could be darn near perfect for the TTRA launch here in sunny Fla.!!.........sure hope so!

Yea, Bill, I sure hope that the weatherman is correct....I've got some gliders to fly (or re-fly) as well as some D5s that will be shot if the wind is not an issue. Tentative lineup follows:

Tri-Copter on a D5
Marauder LV, also D5
2" gliding Bomarc, another D5
BT-70 Maxi SkyDart, E20
BT-70 Concorde, also E20
Bt-80 Bomarc, F20 (may fly twice)
Maxi Astron SST, hopefully another I284 or such
4" Maxi gliding Bomarc, need like an I161 to I211 for this

See you there!!