Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Wanted: Dead or Alive! (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   BT 30 tubing ????? (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=1086)

Green Dragon 08-26-2006 08:24 AM

BT 30 tubing ?????

guys,

can someone point me to a source for Estes BT30 equivalent tubing ?

I need a few pieces for some more 3fnc clones to round out my collection of ' had this as a kid' birds ( ie: Scout, Sky Hook ), also wantign to do the mini Brute Hornet.

I have a couple original bnc-30D, and a couple I had BMS make a few years back ( these fit some phenolic tubing I had as well, speced em as BT30 so I could buy extras :)

Anyways, I thought BMS had the tubing, but just ordered a batch of bt's and no BT30's....

Jim at Totally Tubular had em, not sure he's still shipping ?

or, if anyone has a length they;d part with , let me know ? ( would save me a huge bulk order, lol )

~ AL

ps: I do have an original 'BT30 B' tube, white convulute wound, not sure what that was from, it's NOS from a local hobby shop that gave me a box of 'found in the back' parts ( 10-12 years ago, before I knew what I had :-( , we turned an orignal ,less capsule,2 cluster gemini Tital into an egglofter, and other sacriledges lke ramjet tests with original BT55 V2 boatails,e tc ..... cries ......

if anyone can ID the tube I have, or wants the 'authentic' BT for some reason, drop me a note.

Ltvscout 08-26-2006 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
guys,

can someone point me to a source for Estes BT30 equivalent tubing ?

I'm pretty sure Taras used to carry it at http://www.argrockets.com/. You could try contacting him to see if he has any left. Jim at Totally Tubular may have it as well, just not listed on his "current" price list. I host his price list/contact info at http://www.wooshrocketry.org/misc/tt.htm.

Heh, I just did a google search to find BT-30 for you and found this link on my own site. :o

The T-30 BMS sells is the correct stuff, just has the incorrect dimensions listed.

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/arch....php/t-328.html

Carl@Semroc 08-26-2006 09:20 AM

We are trying to get BT-30 made with convolute wound, white bond paper like the originals. Vern gave me his source. Now if they can still make them. If not, we will release a spiral version. It is so close to the ST-7, we have put off ordering it.

What do you want for the original? It would be good to have one to compare our new tubes.

Green Dragon 08-26-2006 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
We are trying to get BT-30 made with convolute wound, white bond paper like the originals. Vern gave me his source. Now if they can still make them. If not, we will release a spiral version. It is so close to the ST-7, we have put off ordering it.

What do you want for the original? It would be good to have one to compare our new tubes.

I know the ST7 is real close ( and I doubt 98 % of fliers would notice the difference in, for example, a builtup Sky Hook.

Truthfully, I;m not so anal that I 'have to' have the BT30, but since I have a few cones.. plus if the BT30 is available, might as well have the 'correct' tubing, if I can;t find that, might have to use ST7 or BT20... although I do have an original spiral-wound BT30 Scout tube that I had used on a rocket glider :-(, still unpainted ( and using an original Streak BT10 cone, too....),so I could pull it apart and replace the r/g pod with BT20 - just used what I had around at the time, who ever figured anyone ( includeing myself ) would ever care or want this stuff, lol .
( yes, I'm going through my old stuff, have diecut fins,decals and parts from our contest days when we used to use the tubes and cones and toss the decals,etc in a box.....
so far I've ressurected a Scorpius,Galactic Taxi, Foxfire,and WASP , plus working on a Delta Star .. all from original diecut fins,decals,etc.... lucky me :) .. just glad I kept em instead of tossing out, although I did give away / sell for peanuts some items along the way, like the droop-nose Nova Starship cones, and many decals.....

~ AL

ps: Carl, will drop the tube in the mail monday ;)

Green Dragon 08-26-2006 10:18 AM

YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope, lol ....

I just found that the BT30 is listed on Jonrockets.com site.

Just ordered a few , so will post when they come in on how they fit the vintage cones / size up to the vintage convolute piece I have,e tc.

~ AL

Green Dragon 08-31-2006 07:37 PM

Well, got in my BT30 tubes ordered from Jonrockets.com .

very nice natural colored hd tubing ( spiral wound ) .

these fit my vintage and BMS BT30 cones perfectly, and seems to match right up tot he one short piece of vintage spiral wound BT30 I have.

lookin good for those vintage 3fnc birds of my childhood ( Scout, Sky Hook, Mark II)

good to know that the BT30 is available, for the few who are nit-picky about that sort of thing, lol .

Happy building !

~ AL

Royatl 08-31-2006 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope, lol ....

I just found that the BT30 is listed on Jonrockets.com site.

Just ordered a few , so will post when they come in on how they fit the vintage cones / size up to the vintage convolute piece I have,e tc.

~ AL

If they don't work, and if Taras doesn't have them any more, I can spare one or two I bought from him last year at NARAM.

EDIT: never mind; I just read your last message! Good to hear they work.

dwmzmm 08-31-2006 10:33 PM

Astron Scout

I can use some genuine BT-30 type tubing to build a "new" Aston Scout clone to replace the
original I lost January 2004 after becoming a BAR (my Astron Scout's "lifespan:" 1969 -
2004). The BT-30 holds up extremely well with the number of flights and "abuse" on recovery my Scout went through over the years...

SEL 09-01-2006 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmzmm
I can use some genuine BT-30 type tubing to build a "new" Aston Scout clone to replace the
original I lost January 2004 after becoming a BAR (my Astron Scout's "lifespan:" 1969 -
2004). The BT-30 holds up extremely well with the number of flights and "abuse" on recovery my Scout went through over the years...

I also bought a 15 pk from Taras last year. Kraft spiral-type, but very high quality and an exact match for the oId bt30f's. you want 1 or 2, send me your address off line and I'll get them out to you.

Sean

John Brohm 09-14-2006 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
I'm pretty sure Taras used to carry it at http://www.argrockets.com/. You could try contacting him to see if he has any left... (other stuff snipped)

Scott;

I just left Taras's shop about an hour ago, and I can confirm that he has quite a good supply left. Anyone looking for some BT-30 will find it at ARG (see Scott's URL entry above).