Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   SVDT - Semroc Virtual Design Team (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Retro Repro suggestions (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=1402)

Mark+3 01-20-2007 02:06 PM

Retro Repro suggestions

Please post your ideas for classic designs you'd like to see Semroc kit. The production of motors that have been unavailable should really open up the possibilities for reproductions.

Mark+3 01-20-2007 02:18 PM

I know Semroc has concentrated on Centuri reproductions, but allow me to suggest the Estes Beta. I believe that if Semroc does not release this rocket concurrently with the 'S' series motors and 'T' boosters someone else will shortly. The kit could include the 13mm motor mounts allowing the buyer to build the early 'S' short motor version or the later 'T' motor version.

A Fish Named Wallyum 01-20-2007 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark+3
I know Semroc has concentrated on Centuri reproductions, but allow me to suggest the Estes Beta. I believe that if Semroc does not release this rocket concurrently with the 'S' series motors and 'T' boosters someone else will shortly. The kit could include the 13mm motor mounts allowing the buyer to build the early 'S' short motor version or the later 'T' motor version.

The Beta was my first rocket, and I cloned it back in 2002. When I heard that the A10-0T was going out of production I bought up all that my motor source had. Unless those come back (or SOMEONE does a 13mm booster motor,) this one might be tough to talk Carl into.

Ltvscout 01-20-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
The Beta was my first rocket, and I cloned it back in 2002. When I heard that the A10-0T was going out of production I bought up all that my motor source had. Unless those come back (or SOMEONE does a 13mm booster motor,) this one might be tough to talk Carl into.

With the motors that Carl is talking about releasing in the future, the Beta can be re-released in it's original form, using 18mm shorty motors. My guess is you'll see 13mm booster motors from Semroc also.

Mark+3 01-20-2007 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum

Based on the discussions in the motor request thread I'm hoping low power boosters in 13x45, 18x45, and 18x70 are very early in the production queue. Carl?

dwmzmm 01-20-2007 02:44 PM

A10-0T's ARE Available!!

http://www.launchpad2000.com/

The above mail order vendor carries the A10-0T's among their line of available motors. The
last time I checked, they had a good stock on hand.

A Fish Named Wallyum 01-20-2007 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
With the motors that Carl is talking about releasing in the future, the Beta can be re-released in it's original form, using 18mm shorty motors. My guess is you'll see 13mm booster motors from Semroc also.

What a coincidence! That's exactly the SOMEONE I was thinking of. :D ;)

wilsotr 01-20-2007 03:48 PM

The Centuri Space Shuttle has my vote.

CPMcGraw 01-20-2007 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout

I'll chip in an extra vote for the "S" motor BETA, with "T" motor adapters. I have a semi-completed clone on the bench waiting for motors. I'd want some 1/4A and 1/2A motors, though.

CPMcGraw 01-20-2007 08:02 PM

After thinking about the Astron BETA for a moment, making it capable of using adapters might get messy, since the "S" motor version was a "minimal-diameter" model using no coupler between the booster and sustainer. The motor casing of the sustainer stuck out about 1/4" and the booster was little more than a CHAD with fins.

Solution: Why not release this model as a "Two-Fer"?

One set of instructions, a single decal sheet with two complete sets of images, but two sets of fins, two NCs, two sustainer BTs and booster BTs, two streamers, and two launch lugs; include one thrust block for the original "S" version, and a pair of "T" mounts and a coupler for the later version.