Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Centuri cloning (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=53)

A Fish Named Wallyum 03-23-2005 12:38 AM

Centuri cloning

4 Attachment(s)
I would like to see pics of the Centuri rockets that any and all of you have cloned. Right away. Don't delay. :cool:

These are some of mine.

dtomko 03-23-2005 08:02 AM

My avatar is my Blast From the Past Space Shuttle - does pre-fab count???

A Fish Named Wallyum 03-23-2005 03:00 PM

As long as it's a rocket, I'm interested. I've got one of Mike's shuttles 75% finished myself. I'm a little worried about flying it, but only because I don't trust my own building skills.

dtomko 03-23-2005 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
As long as it's a rocket, I'm interested. I've got one of Mike's shuttles 75% finished myself. I'm a little worried about flying it, but only because I don't trust my own building skills.

Flew mine first time on one of the last C5-3s I had stashed away. I angled the rod too much and it had a downward ejection. The booster flew farther than the orbiter. I also did not sand down the dowels enough and the engine pod caught a little, causing the booster BT to flex and strip off a line of paint over the spiral. Have flown it on a C6-3 and it's nice. I overpainted mine so the glide times are not phenomenal, but stability on boost doesn't seem to be an issue. Sure hope Mike gets his kits back into production; the upscale looks to be a beauty.

A Fish Named Wallyum 03-23-2005 05:55 PM

Even though I've built and flown my own Mach 10 and Mach 10D, I'd still like to see what the BFTP Mach 10's are like. I hope he gets back to producing them also.
BTW, I have another Mach 10 on the build pile as I type. It gets in your blood once you have a successful flight with one. I need to make another M10D also.

SEL 03-23-2005 06:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:
I would like to see pics of the Centuri rockets that any and all of you have cloned. Right away. Don't delay. :cool:

These are some of mine.

OK, here are my Enerjet SR1340 and centaur clones.

Bob H 03-23-2005 09:26 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are the Centuri clones for me.

SST Shuttle: top, bottom and side views

Vulcan

13MM Point. Had a nose dive so the nose cone is now rounded a little

SEL 03-23-2005 10:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Even though I've built and flown my own Mach 10 and Mach 10D, I'd still like to see what the BFTP Mach 10's are like. I hope he gets back to producing them also.

Technically, mine dosn't count, as it's not a clone. - I bought the kit from ACME many moons ago. It's flown 5 or 6 times, twice succesfully. It power pranged on it's last fligh. you can see some of the crumpled tube just forward of the wing :(

Sean

A Fish Named Wallyum 03-23-2005 10:53 PM

Acme?

SEL 03-23-2005 11:03 PM

Quote:
Acme?

ACME Rockets "A Grand Old Name In Rocketry" was their slogan.
Grant Boyd (ex of Centuri) aparrently ended up with a lot of old Centuri
kits and parts (as well as some Estes), and for while in the late 80's/early 90's had a mail order business going.
He advertised in American Rocketeer/Spacemodeling. His prices were a bit high (for then),
but he had alot of stuff you couldn't get anywhere else. I think I paid $17.00 for the Mach 10
kit in 1988.

Sean