Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   SEMROC and USPS (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=12138)

tbzep 02-01-2013 03:55 PM

SEMROC and USPS

It's been a great combination...until this week. I usually get a box in two days, and at the most three. It's been a week now. I looked at the tracking info and the USPS has routed my box all the way to San Antonio TX, where it has been for two days. I live in TN right next door to North Carolina!

dlazarus6660 02-01-2013 05:38 PM

I once had a package leave from Chicago to San Fran over to Dallas then up to Boston. I live in NH.
I printed the tracking and showed it to the driver. He said he would give it to his manager. I gat a call from USPS two days later saying there was a glitch in one of the scanners and it got rerouted. They said I was lucky to get it at all!

A Fish Named Wallyum 02-01-2013 05:55 PM

I think the USPS Maximum Abuse facility is based in San Antonio. The good news is that the box and contents will be perfect for lining the gerbil cage with by the time it gets to you. :rolleyes:

Earl 02-01-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
I think the USPS Maximum Abuse facility is based in San Antonio. The good news is that the box and contents will be perfect for lining the gerbil cage with by the time it gets to you. :rolleyes:

I went through a phase 4-5 years ago that every WHITE box that got delivered to the house was crushed. Not always with damage to the contents, but a number of times it was. One was a SEMROC order, with damaged fin stock on sheet (quickly replaced by Cheryl!) and another was a mint Centuri Saturn 1b kit in original color kit box. THAT shipment was almost a total loss (some kit parts were salvageable), but resulted in a sizable postal insurance claim.

Earl

jharding58 02-01-2013 10:38 PM

I will (touch wood) say that to this point I have not had a damaged box from Semroc via USPS. Possibly because of the speed with which they arrive. I have had a box from Estes upon which the unmistakable mark of a size 12 Red Wing could be seen, but only had a couple of tubes made elliptical. I thank the postal Gods for their blessing

RandyT0001 02-01-2013 10:54 PM

I'm sorry TB but I must have put it on the wrong truck. Saw your name on the box and saw that it was from Semroc, I lost control. I thought I "accidentally" put it on the Bakersfield CA truck. How it ended up in Texas is beyond me. ;)

I had one package from Alabama that went to Michigan, twice. It arrived in Memphis, the next day it appeared in Michigan. Michigan sent it back to Memphis. It arrived in Memphis and got sent to Michigan again. It was sent back to Memphis. It sat in the downtown facility in Memphis for two more days with tracking scans for both days, no movement just scans. It arrived at my local branch in the evening of the third day and was left on my doorstep on the fourth day. (Which was actually the ninth day from when it was first sent to me from Alabama) The address was perfect. No tears or smeared ink on the address label. Correct street and #, correct zip. A perfect label. Why did it go to Michigan twice?
:confused:
Why did it get picked up and scanned two days in a row but no body could pick it up, place in in a parcel bin for shipment to the station?
:confused: :confused:

jetlag 02-02-2013 07:24 AM

Just about any time I receive something damaged in shipment, it is from United Parcel Service.
UPS is the absolute worst in how they treat their packages.

I have had great luck with USPS, however. Over 400 packages through the years and only 1 or 2 with any bad damage that affected the contents.

Lucky?

Allen

tbzep 02-02-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyT0001
I'm sorry TB but I must have put it on the wrong truck. Saw your name on the box and saw that it was from Semroc, I lost control. I thought I "accidentally" put it on the Bakersfield CA truck. How it ended up in Texas is beyond me. ;)

I should have known! :chuckle:

My worst experience was back in the 90's when I had an AR-15 upper assembly shipped (totally legal, even during the "ban") and it got shipped and delivered to CT. Yes, delivered. I'd like to think the person who opened it had the obtuse mentality of Diane "that shoulder thing that goes up" Feinstein! (The quote is her answer to what a barrel shroud is.)

BTW, the box has finally made it back to Memphis. Randy, I hope you don't work on Saturdays! :D

Doug Sams 02-02-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:
It sat in the downtown facility in Memphis for two more days with tracking scans for both days, no movement just scans.
I ordered something a while back, auto parts I think, and the package sat in one location for 2 or 3 days. My best guess, albeit Machiavellian, was that, since I only paid for the slowest delivery, they were making sure it didn't get there quickly :rolleyes:

I've had packages get here in 1 day while only paying for slow-boat, but they came from only a couple counties away. And, as I recall, that was the case here, the package wasn't coming from very far away, but it surely seemed like they were delaying it intentionally.

Doug

RandyT0001 02-02-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
I should have known! :chuckle:

My worst experience was back in the 90's when I had an AR-15 upper assembly shipped (totally legal, even during the "ban") and it got shipped and delivered to CT. Yes, delivered. I'd like to think the person who opened it had the obtuse mentality of Diane "that shoulder thing that goes up" Feinstein! (The quote is her answer to what a barrel shroud is.)

Obviously she needs to read up on AR's starting with the basics. Honestly, I doubt she would ever get promoted to the next grade level but let's start her with the basics. I found one on ebay that she could buy and practice using:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-NAPOLE...=item2c6c04b0fe
Heck, "even a Caveman can use it". She should have minimal difficulties understanding it's usage, especially if she had a certified instructor showing her how.

Quote:
BTW, the box has finally made it back to Memphis. Randy, I hope you don't work on Saturdays! :D

I did. I knew it wouldn't fit into your mailbox so I put it in the cardboard compactor to squeeze it down some so it would. Enjoy!
:D