Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Yeah! (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=10143)

tbzep 10-28-2011 10:22 PM

Yeah!

Mark II 10-28-2011 10:24 PM

Congratulations to the St. Louis Cardinals and all of their fans!

A Fish Named Wallyum 10-28-2011 10:44 PM

Is the City of St. Louis done unwrapping the gift yet? If you ask me, Texas was WAY too generous. :rolleyes:

tbzep 10-28-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Is the City of St. Louis done unwrapping the gift yet? If you ask me, Texas was WAY too generous. :rolleyes:

Not as generous as the Reds' 83 losses. ;)

stefanj 10-29-2011 12:09 AM

Being a New Yorker transplanted to a city that no longer even has a minor league team, I didn't have an iron in this fire . . . but It's always great when the Series stretches over seven memorable games.

Royatl 10-29-2011 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep

Just remember, the Braves had to do a hell of a lot of work at collapsing at the end of the season to make tonight possible for you :rolleyes: :p :mad:

Royatl 10-29-2011 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Not as generous as the Reds' 83 losses. ;)

And that's not nearly as generous as the Braves were at the end of the season!

Royatl 10-29-2011 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum

On the other hand, St. Louis was doing a lot of giving Thursday night as well.

A very exciting but exceedingly sloppy game on both sides.

luke strawwalker 10-29-2011 01:09 AM

Oh geez... now it's baseball... THE single most boring game ever invented by the mind of man... :rolleyes: I swear watching baseball is about as exciting as watching paint dry!

Even soccer is preferable to baseball, and that's a stretch. Keira just HAD to join upward soccer this fall since her cousin Mindy did it when she was a kid (she's a senior at Perdue). Will it never end?? I didn't hide my obvious disdain for soccer, either, since that's a south-of-the-border game, but Keira wasn't deterred... she launched into a lecture on how "she was a little tree, growing next to the "soccer tree" and her roots were growing down into the "soccer tree's" roots and that I was a bigger tree further away, but my roots would grow into the soccer trees roots as hers did and that even though I said I don't like soccer, in time I WOULD like soccer, because she likes soccer, and because my roots would grow into the soccer tree's roots... :confused: :eek:

Pretty deep thoughts for a six year old! She really surprises me sometimes. Still don't like soccer though...

Later! OL JR :)

Ltvscout 10-29-2011 08:53 AM

Booooooo!!!!

The Rangers blew it on Thursday unfortunately. It was all down hill from there.