Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Wanted: Dead or Alive! (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   5 Estes K Kits needed to complete my collection (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=4991)

Jimid123 03-30-2009 06:51 PM

5 Estes K Kits needed to complete my collection

Hi, I am looking to complete my collection of Estes K kits if any one has any of these 5 kits Mint unopened and are willing to part with them let me know. Here are the five I need.

K5 Apogee Not the K5 Apogee II
K44 Birdie I would like a Pre-Damon version on this one
K54 Saros
K55 Goblin
K52P Omega With Payload

Thank You, Jimi

ghrocketman 03-31-2009 09:04 AM

The last two (Omega-P and Goblin) should not be too hard to find...on ebay quite often.
The Saros will be more difficult.
The Birdie will be very difficult.
The original Apogee will be EXTREMELY difficult to obtain as few were made and very few exist now....I have actually never seen that one in person....I think it is the only "K" kit I have never seen.

Jimid123 03-31-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
The last two (Omega-P and Goblin) should not be too hard to find...on ebay quite often.
The Saros will be more difficult.
The Birdie will be very difficult.
The original Apogee will be EXTREMELY difficult to obtain as few were made and very few exist now....I have actually never seen that one in person....I think it is the only "K" kit I have never seen.

Hi, Thank You so much for the info. Yes I know that 3 of these are very hard to find. Many of the K kits in my collection are hard ones to find also. Here are some of what I have and type of packaging.
K1 Scout Very first packaging 1961 Mint Unopened Before Hang Tags Were Add
K2 Mark Very First Packaging 1961 Mint Unopened Before Hang Tags Were Add
K4 Streak 1962 Very First Packaing Mint Unopened Before Hag Tags Were Add
K23 Big Bertha 1965 Very First Packaging Mint Unopened Before Hang Tags Were Add
I still have one of my 1965 Big Bertha Built, that I found at my parents house
K29 Uprated Saturn-1 Very First Box Version 1967 Mint Unopened
K19 Invader Very First and Only Packaging 1965 Mint Unopened Before Hag Tags Were Add

Thanks Again, Jimi

mglind 05-05-2009 02:42 PM

Nice collection!

Wow..nice collection!
Where on earth did you find an early pre-Damon K-29 uprated Saturn 1 mint in the original box unopened?!

Jimid123 05-05-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mglind
Wow..nice collection!
Where on earth did you find an early pre-Damon K-29 uprated Saturn 1 mint in the original box unopened?!

Hi, I have been building and flying Model Rockets since the early 60s. Yes I know the Uprated Satrun 1 is very hard to find. I was a full time Rock Musician and when I traveled with the groups I found kits at many shops when I was on the road. I just need 3 more K kits and I will have all the K Astron series kits in my collection. Oh I also build and fly High-Powered Rockets. If you like any Photos of some of my kits send me your email address and I will be happy to send them to you. I also have a collection of Centuri Kits and many other rocketry items. Thanks and You Take Care, Jimi :)

barone 05-05-2009 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimid123
(snip)....... If you like any Photos of some of my kits send me your email address and I will be happy to send them to you. (snip)........)

Oh....you're a cruel man....... :D

Jimid123 05-05-2009 11:22 PM

:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
Oh....you're a cruel man....... :D

I guess I can be at times....

Gus 05-05-2009 11:35 PM

Jim,

Would you mind posting some photos here?

I'd love to see pics of the six kits you mentioned in your post.

Steve

Jimid123 05-05-2009 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Jim,

Steve

Hi Steve, Sure, I will look for them in my storage cases and post some photos. I will also post some others like the very first packaging of the Estes K-50 Astron Intercepter kit Some of Centuri very early packaging kits and some of the Centuri Large F Motor Rocket kits from the early 1960s. Thanks and Take Care, Jimi

Jimid123 05-06-2009 01:14 AM

10 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Gus]Jim,

Steve[/QUOTEHi S

Hi Steve, Here are some Photos. I will get more tomorrow. Photos are Estes K-29 Uprated Saturn 1, Centuri First Packaing of there kit #KC-20 Payloader II Early 1960s A few of my built kits Estes kit #K-2 Astron Mark Early 1960s and a Centuri 1960s Mini Max Scorpion E and F motor kit. Thanks Again, Jimi