Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Mom (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=4693)

PaulK 02-13-2009 10:52 PM

Mom

While only a few of you have met me personally, the folks on this board are part of my life, so I wanted to let you know that my Mom passed away unexpectedly last week. She was only 78. Its been a rough week, but family and friends helped get me through. This time has reminded me of some valuable life lessons, among them The importance of friends & family; Actively maintaining those relationships; Living life every day to its fullest; The importance of supporting those grieving. Over the years, our relationship evolved to a close friendship; I'll miss her greatly, as will all who knew her.

stefanj 02-13-2009 10:54 PM

Sorry to hear the sad news!

Bazookadale 02-13-2009 11:03 PM

All our prayers are with you. I lost my Dad last November and Mom just 8 weeks later. I know what a shock it is, remember all the good times and be glad you you got her for a Mom.

dwmzmm 02-13-2009 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanj
Sorry to hear the sad news!

Same from me, Paul.....

Ltvscout 02-14-2009 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulK
While only a few of you have met me personally, the folks on this board are part of my life, so I wanted to let you know that my Mom passed away unexpectedly last week. She was only 78. Its been a rough week, but family and friends helped get me through. This time has reminded me of some valuable life lessons, among them The importance of friends & family; Actively maintaining those relationships; Living life every day to its fullest; The importance of supporting those grieving. Over the years, our relationship evolved to a close friendship; I'll miss her greatly, as will all who knew her.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom, Paul.

Many in the rocketry community supported me when I was down after my dad died in a car accident back in '99.

bob jablonski 02-14-2009 09:46 AM

Sorry to hear that. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Mr. Bob

Sheri 02-14-2009 10:59 AM

Sorry for your loss!

Green Dragon 02-14-2009 11:08 AM

Paul.

Sorry about your mom :(

Just remember that your YORF buddies are here for you, to listen or whatever - the guys here were there for me after my wife left/ during the divorce, and the hard times... one even sent me a few kits to pass the time :) < thanks , you know who you are :) >

Awesome to know the guys here, true friends, even if some I;ve never met.

~ AL

o1d_dude 02-14-2009 11:54 AM

Sorry to hear the news about your mom.

I lost mine a little over two years ago. She was 78 like yours and her passing was not unexpected. Didn't make it any easier, tho.

Be strong.

Peartree 02-14-2009 12:25 PM

Prayers for you and your family from here as well.