Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Early Aerotech Christmas gift to myself (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=15620)

CTRockets 11-26-2015 09:29 AM

Early Aerotech Christmas gift to myself

Going to be working on the Aerotech Initiator once I get it. Took the Plunge and bought the Aerotech Initiatior Starter Set for myself. Very excited. I have been building and flying rockets since I was 9 years old. 34 now. The set seemed like a good deal. Paid 169 for it.

Kimble29 11-30-2015 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I built an Initiator a couple years ago and, in my opinion, one of the best kit I've ever put together. Superb quality. Kit calls for the use of CA glue to assemble... and that's what I used. I think there's probably a few builders here that have built this rocket using epoxy but from what I was told the kit was designed to be built using CA glue. Anyway I think you'll find it a fairly straight forward build. Here's photo of my finished Initiator. Still haven't launched it yet, though. Trying to get to a field that has enough room!

samb 11-30-2015 02:39 PM

Nice job ! My Aerotech Barracuda was assembled with medium CA and has been a regular flyer for the last 4 years. No worries at all. I'd venture a guess that the Initiator has "initiated" more folks to composite motors than any other model. Quite fitting that you post this today: Happy Birthday Initiator001 !

Jerry Irvine 11-30-2015 05:03 PM

Boat anchor kits.

Initiator001 12-01-2015 12:34 AM

Nice looking Initiator there, Kimble29.

Fly it, you'll like it! ;)

Initiator001 12-01-2015 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samb
Quite fitting that you post this today: Happy Birthday Initiator001 !

Thank you. :D

NAR29996 12-01-2015 01:46 PM

How about that inflation! I paid about $75 for mine... in 1989.

Kimble29 12-01-2015 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiator001
Nice looking Initiator there, Kimble29.

Fly it, you'll like it! ;)

Oh I will. I have motors and everything else... just need to find adequate space. It's actually my sons rocket. I just built it for him. If it got stuck in a tree I'd feel like ****.

Boat anchor? Works for me! I don't need to launch anything into the stratosphere!

ghrocketman 12-01-2015 07:53 PM

That "Boat Anchor" crack was hilarious.
What would you call the Estes Mega Der Red Max ? An Engine Block ? A Dump Truck ?
For those that don't fly in ridiculously huge dry lake beds (most of us), the Aerotech kits and Estes PSII kits are good mid/low range hi-power kits to fly in fields with reasonable dimensions.

/// 12-01-2015 09:28 PM

Quote:

For those that don't fly in ridiculously huge dry lake beds (most of us), the Aerotech kits and Estes PSII kits are good mid/low range hi-power kits to fly in fields with reasonable dimensions.

:eek: You said something that makes sense! :chuckle: