Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Leviathan Question (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=15433)

sandman 09-17-2015 10:10 AM

Leviathan Question

Is the Leviathan tube the same 3" tube as the Big Daddy?

Does anybody out there have an Estes Pro Series Leviathan and if so can you measure the tube?

Or maybe compare it to a Big Daddy or try the Big Daddy nose cone on the tube to see how it fits, please.

I have Big Daddy tube in stock I just need to know if it's the same.

Thanks!

BEC 09-17-2015 11:01 AM

The Leviathan tube is 3.00 OD with 0.040 wall. I don't know what the Big Daddy uses.

sandman 09-17-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
The Leviathan tube is 3.00 OD with 0.040 wall. I don't know what the Big Daddy uses.

Ahh, great!

That's the Big Daddy tube!

Royatl 09-17-2015 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman
Is the Leviathan tube the same 3" tube as the Big Daddy?

Does anybody out there have an Estes Pro Series Leviathan and if so can you measure the tube?

Or maybe compare it to a Big Daddy or try the Big Daddy nose cone on the tube to see how it fits, please.

I have Big Daddy tube in stock I just need to know if it's the same.

Thanks!

I believe the lower slotted tube of a Leviathon *is* the Big Daddy body tube.

Rex R 09-17-2015 01:17 PM

the leviathan, big daddy, and the old north coast patriot all share body tubes and nose cones.
Rex

sandman 09-17-2015 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex R
the leviathan, big daddy, and the old north coast patriot all share body tubes and nose cones.
Rex

I'm glad to hear that.

I thought it was but I wasn't sure.

I'm glad BMS has it in stock! ;)

Royatl 09-17-2015 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex R
Rex

not the North Coast Patriot, which was 4" in diameter, but the original Pro Series Patriot.

Initiator001 09-17-2015 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royatl
not the North Coast Patriot, which was 4" in diameter, but the original Pro Series Patriot.

That 3.0" nose cone has been featured on several Estes kits including th NCRBE Lance Beta.

The 2.5" nose cone from the original Pro Series Maxi Force has been used on several of the Pro Series II kits.

aeppel_cpm 09-17-2015 05:19 PM

The nosecones are interchangeable. I'm working on a design using 2 of those nosecones, one as a boat tail.

The nosecone itself is no longer listed on the Estes website. Up to last week it was , just out of stock. After several emails with Christine, she said that there were none in inventory and she couldn't get an answer if the 3" kits would be produced again.

I found a Big Daddy at a LHS and got it, just for the NC to pair with the leviathan I picked up on Estes special.

Rich Holmes 09-17-2015 06:10 PM

Yeah, I was mucking around with a Big Daddy and a Scion — a SPEV related to the Leviathan. Same nose cone. Same tube diameters. I was contemplating some unholy mashup of the two kits but I don't think I'll end up going there.