Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Astron Sprite questions.... (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=608)

Thrustline 1 04-22-2006 11:21 PM

Or...you can buy one here!

You can now buy them here...Sprite clones that is...

Clone Parts Packs

marslndr 04-23-2006 07:44 AM

I have mine! Nice parts pack for a great price. Now I just have to build it ;) .

I don't want to hijack this thread again, but this brings up a sensative subject.

Laser cut fins or not?

The 2 guys I use for clone packs are Semroc and Thrustline. Both supply great products, have wounderful customer service, and are very fast. The only diferance is that Semroc uses laser cut fins and Thrust line supplies raw balsa stock. I have always felt a little guilty building with laser cut fins, cutting the lumber is part of building classic rockets. On the other hand what is proved but taking the extra time to trace/cut fins? It just adds time and is not like it proves anything.

Maybe I'm lazy, but I seem to build the laser cut packs before the non-laser cut packs, I still feel guilty though.

Mark

Thrustline 1 04-23-2006 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marslndr
I have mine! Nice parts pack for a great price. Now I just have to build it ;) .

I don't want to hijack this thread again, but this brings up a sensative subject.

Laser cut fins or not?

The 2 guys I use for clone packs are Semroc and Thrustline. Both supply great products, have wounderful customer service, and are very fast. The only diferance is that Semroc uses laser cut fins and Thrust line supplies raw balsa stock. I have always felt a little guilty building with laser cut fins, cutting the lumber is part of building classic rockets. On the other hand what is proved but taking the extra time to trace/cut fins? It just adds time and is not like it proves anything.

Maybe I'm lazy, but I seem to build the laser cut packs before the non-laser cut packs, I still feel guilty though.

Mark

Mark, that question is as old as sand itself. A debate that will go on far into the future (along with "plastic, or balsa nose cones?")
I have original kits that have both laser cut and manual cut balsa parts. It all depends on what YOU want. You shouldn't feel guilty no matter which way you choose.

hawkshobby 04-30-2006 02:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple pic of mine.

First pic is of my clone. Next is a pic of parts for a 339% upscale that we will offer as a kit
soon . We hope to have it ready for release at NSL.

dwmzmm 04-30-2006 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkshobby
Here's a couple pic of mine.

First pic is of my clone. Next is a pic of parts for a 339% upscale that we will offer as a kit
soon . We hope to have it ready for release at NSL.

Nice pic of the parts for the upscale! Looks like it should be a winner. What are the specifications of the completed kit, and what motor(s) will be recommended? And, of course, the targeted price? I've just sent my $20 registration fee yesterday, so I guess
I'll be seeing you and the others come Memorial Day weekend...

hawkshobby 04-30-2006 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmzmm
Nice pic of the parts for the upscale! Looks like it should be a winner. What are the specifications of the completed kit, and what motor(s) will be recommended? And, of course, the targeted price? I've just sent my $20 registration fee yesterday, so I guess
I'll be seeing you and the others come Memorial Day weekend...

Ok spec are Dia. 2.6
Height 18.5"
Weight Approx. 6 oz.
Motors D12-5 E9-6 and of course Aerotech 24 MM
Cost about $45.99
By the way ring fin dia. will be 7.5