Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Wanted: Dead or Alive! (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Looking for an Estes F62-4 (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=9996)

Tedster 09-28-2011 10:45 PM

Looking for an Estes F62-4

For 19 years I have been volunteer teaching a 4th grade model rocketry class (www.howerocketclub.homestead.com) and at each launch I perform a demonstration flight. An Estes 1/4 scale Patriot flying on a F62-4 makes an excellent demo with great altitude and plenty of smoke. But I have finally run out of Estes F62-4's. Does anyone have one I could buy from them? Next year? Well, I'll worry about that next year.

Ted Mahler

shockwaveriderz 09-28-2011 11:13 PM

Ted, I don't have a f62-4 but I'm glad to see you are still kickin.

Terry dean

Tedster 09-29-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwaveriderz
Ted, I don't have a f62-4 but I'm glad to see you are still kickin.

Terry dean

Thanks Terry! It has been a tough 3 years but I am hanging in there!

Brent 09-29-2011 05:40 AM

Use an Aerotech G64-4 RMS. The case will fit the standard NCR tubes. You will have to dremel out the retainer just a bit though.

Bazookadale 09-29-2011 08:37 AM

You will never see that motor again unless Semroc decides to clone it . Hey Carl - hint hint :chuckle:

sandman 09-29-2011 10:08 AM

I don't have any F62-4's but I do have 2 F62-6's.

I found them in an old rural hobby shop in Marlette, Michigan. Way up in the middle of nowhere!

Unfortunately I'm in Michigan and you're in Texas.

I won't ship them illegally.

Sorry.

shockwaveriderz 09-29-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman

I found them in an old rural hobby shop in Marlette, Michigan. Way up in the middle of nowhere!

Sorry.

Can anyone say road trip?

Terry Dean

Tedster 09-30-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman

Sorry.

How do you ship them legally? I'd really like to buy them from you. I also have a Lance Beta and an Executioner that use F62-6's,

Tedster 10-24-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedster
For 19 years I have been volunteer teaching a 4th grade model rocketry class (www.howerocketclub.homestead.com) and at each launch I perform a demonstration flight. An Estes 1/4 scale Patriot flying on a F62-4 makes an excellent demo with great altitude and plenty of smoke. But I have finally run out of Estes F62-4's. Does anyone have one I could buy from them? Next year? Well, I'll worry about that next year.

Ted Mahler

Bob Wheet (I think that is the proper spelling of his last name) in northern Oklahoma located 3 Darkstar engines for my demo. He kindly sold them to me and with a road trip from my son Matt Mahler to pick up the engines and another road trip to meet me halfway and deliver the engines, they are, at last, in-hand. Thanks Bob and Matt!

Doug Sams 10-24-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:
Bob Wheet (I think that is the proper spelling of his last name) in northern Oklahoma located 3 Darkstar engines for my demo. He kindly sold them to me and with a road trip from my son Matt Mahler to pick up the engines and another road trip to meet me halfway and deliver the engines, they are, at last, in-hand. Thanks Bob and Matt!
Glad to hear of your success, Ted. Thanks for the update.

Doug

samb 10-25-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

You were missed at the Fall Classic last month, Ted.

Doug Sams 10-25-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samb
You were missed at the Fall Classic last month, Ted.
Yes, ditto.

Doug

Tedster 11-05-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Flew my Estes NCR 1/4 Patriot on the Darkstar engine today at the conclusion of the 4th grade Rocket Club launch. It put on a great show and the kids LOVED it! Those are fantastic engines for a demo. Thanks Bob and Matt for all the help.

Tedster 11-07-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sams
Yes, ditto.

Doug

Thanks guys, I really love the fall classic. My wife had neck surgery the previous Tuesday and I didn't want to leave her at home alone that Saturday.