Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Got Goony, even after having the shots.... (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=1114)

A Fish Named Wallyum 09-05-2006 10:44 PM

Got Goony, even after having the shots....

3 Attachment(s)
I had hoped to fly these this past weekend, but the Beer Skunk wound up with a kidney stone. (No, Scott. Beer isn't supposed to be crunchy.) Next is to round up a couple of Fat Boy cones so I can make upscales. :cool:

barone 09-10-2006 04:46 PM

57 Goony

2 Attachment(s)
Here's my 57 Goony and my Goony Bird Zero.....

Don
NAR 53455

A Fish Named Wallyum 09-10-2006 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
Here's my 57 Goony and my Goony Bird Zero.....

Don
NAR 53455

Have you flown the 57 yet? :cool:

barone 09-10-2006 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Have you flown the 57 yet? :cool:

No, just finished it today (clear coat). Hope to fly i sometime this week. Feels kinda heavy for a 12" chute so I'm curious to see if having those fins hanging out so far behind will give me some looping..... :D

Don
NAR 53455

maricopasem 09-15-2006 04:05 PM

Upscale Cloud Hopper

I'm working on a 2x18mm cluster upscale of the Cloud Hopper as we speak. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can.

CPMcGraw 09-16-2006 11:56 PM

Sigh...

I see I'm still the only one who considered Zoom Broom as "loveable"...

I thought it was a natural, with the Gee Bee styling, not to mention Witch Hazel at the controls...

Tweener 09-17-2006 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
Sigh...

I see I'm still the only one who considered Zoom Broom as "loveable"...

I thought it was a natural, with the Gee Bee styling, not to mention Witch Hazel at the controls...
Well, the poll did ask for our most favorite. I can't believe it's that low; it may be a lot of people's second or third. I know I'd rank it second.

barone 09-17-2006 01:24 PM

'57 Goony Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
No, just finished it today (clear coat). Hope to fly i sometime this week. Feels kinda heavy for a 12" chute so I'm curious to see if having those fins hanging out so far behind will give me some looping..... :D

Don
NAR 53455

"Here we go loopy do....." Yep, just like I thought. This one is going to need some nose weight. Didn't have to worry too much about the size of the parachute. It was safely on the ground when the ejection charge went off :rolleyes: . The good side....no damge :D . I'll add some weight and swing test and let you know how it goes.

maricopasem 10-03-2006 09:35 AM

Cloudhopper Upscale

1 Attachment(s)
This is my 2x18mm cluster upscale of the Estes Cloudhopper. I think I'll use Sharpies to replicate the decals once it's painted.

barone 10-03-2006 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maricopasem
This is my 2x18mm cluster upscale of the Estes Cloudhopper. I think I'll use Sharpies to replicate the decals once it's painted.

Okay, I've gotta ask......what's the nose cone made from?

Don
NAR 53455