Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Hamburgers (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=11344)

dlazarus6660 07-12-2012 06:13 PM

This is going to be a large post from me. You have been warned.

Homemade Burger. 50% ground beef, 50% ground pork cook medium well over charcoals.
Seasoned with Canadian seasoning(I'll explain) topped with Sharp or Extra Sharp Vermont Chedder Cheese. Large(sandwitch size) Thomas English Muffin for a bun, a little Thousand Island dressing, lettuce, tomato, slice of onion, (white, yellow or Vidalia) and a cold brew, Mich Ultra for me, NO Bud!
Canadian seasoning- Montreal Steak seasoning.

A Fish Named Wallyum 07-12-2012 06:24 PM

80/20 Angus ground chuck done into 1/3 pound patties, fresh ground pepper, onion salt, garlic powder. Cook over hickory charcoal. Serve after Friday night football games. Go Birds!

foamy 07-12-2012 07:03 PM

Ah, Montreal Steak seasoning. I started with McCormick's Montreal Chicken. It is a very good seasoning and I snagged the Montreal Steak. Good stuff.

I looked up Nature's Seasoning and I think I'll give it a try.

Also, sometimes I'll use A1 or Worcester Sauce in the mix. I find that the more stuff I mix in, the burger starts to lose it's own taste, so nowadays I try and avoid going overboard on the seasoning. I've ruined more than one batch by getting carried away.

foamy 07-12-2012 07:07 PM

Diazaurus, Wallyum, let me know when you're cooking, I'll bring the beer.

A Fish Named Wallyum 07-12-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamy
Ah, Montreal I try and avoid going overboard on the seasoning. I've ruined more than one batch by getting carried away.

Exactly! :cool:

A Fish Named Wallyum 07-12-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamy
Diazaurus, Wallyum, let me know when you're cooking, I'll bring the beer.

My son had a pool party, so I cooked tonight. He bought 80/20 ground beef, which cooks like it's filled with gasoline because of the particular fat content of that grind. The burgers were probably okay, but I'd rather not attach my reputation to them. Then again, I don't remember being all that picky about free burgers that someone else cooked when I was 21. :rolleyes:

Ltvscout 07-12-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
You do realize that Worchestershire sauce has onions in it, don't you?

And anchovies!

A Fish Named Wallyum 07-12-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
And anchovies!

And lambs and sloths, and carp and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats.

A Fish Named Wallyum 07-12-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
Like Foamy, I appreciate cows reasonably well... :rolleyes:

OK, medium and medium well, anyway... :D

Favorite burger joints are "Five Guys" and "Whataburger". Restaurant burgers include "Ruby Tuesday" and "Cracker Barrel"...

I like my burgers as a double-dip: with cheese...

Yeah, you're right in the heart of Whataburger country. Last time we ate in one was coming out of Gulf Shores. Going to give Ocean Isle a shot this year after the "skidmark of '09". I just checked the other day. Closest Whataburger is somewhere in Florida. :mad:

A Fish Named Wallyum 07-13-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
My absolute favorite are these: http://originaltommys.com/ I'll get a craving and drive 1500 miles to get it.

Around here, I prefer Fuddrucker's, Whataburger or Carl's Jr.

In-N-Out is another good choice. Tasty, cheap, simple and fast

Bill

We had Fudd's all over when the kids were little. One by one they disappeared. Too bad. I liked everything about the place.
My daughter just got back from a trip to LA, and tormented me for days before she left because In-N-Out was going to be one of her first stops. She was there a week and never got closer than across the street from one. :D