PDA

View Full Version : Jay's "MySpace" Space

Tau Zero
07-16-2006, 01:51 AM
One of my co-workers decided all of us at work should hook up via MySpace. Notice my heroes. :rolleyes: ;) :D :p

http://www.myspace.com/rocketman62

BTW, they *won't* let me change the sign I was born under to "Hospital Zone." :mad:

Cheese (for all of my Wisconsin NARCON buddies),

DeanHFox
07-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Cheese (for all of my Wisconsin NARCON buddies),
Well, I wasn't gonna say anything, Jay, but after that "Wisconsin 'Cheese'" crack, I feel it's important to point out the following line on your mySpace page:

" Rocketman62 has 0 friends. "

Perhaps if you said NICER things about us Wisconsinites, that number would rise! :D :p :D

One of your Cheesehead friends,

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-16-2006, 12:50 PM
Well, I wasn't gonna say anything, Jay, but after that "Wisconsin 'Cheese'" crack, I feel it's important to point out the following line on your mySpace page:

Perhaps if you said NICER things about us Wisconsinites, that number would rise! :D :p :D

One of your Cheesehead friends,

Jay's got cheese in his crack? :eek:

Tau Zero
07-16-2006, 04:25 PM

Perhaps if you said NICER things about us Wisconsinites, that number would rise! :D :p :D Bwah, ha, ha! :p I knew *somebody* would pick up on it, but it looks like you beat Bill to it!

Nicely done, my friend! ;) :D

One of your Cheesehead friends,Bill says he's Fishhead, and I'm Potatohead, so I know I'm in good company.

Your Potatohead friend ("You there! Spud-Boy!"),

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Bwah, ha, ha! :p I knew *somebody* would pick up on it, but it looks like you beat Bill to it!

Nicely done, my friend! ;) :D

Bill says he's Fishhead, and I'm Potatohead, so I know I'm in good company.

Your Potatohead friend ("You there! Spud-Boy!"),

That profile needs something. Color, music, a slide show, etc. It's NEKKID! :eek:

Tau Zero
07-16-2006, 10:54 PM
That profile needs something. Color, music, a slide show, etc. It's NEKKID! :eek:To paraphrase Joel Corwith, "Only pretty websites crash." :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :D :p

A Fish Named Wallyum
07-16-2006, 11:39 PM
To paraphrase Joel Corwith, "Only pretty websites crash." :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :D :p

Pretty? Get some clothes on, then we'll talk. :D

Tau Zero
07-17-2006, 02:00 AM
Pretty? Get some clothes on, then we'll talk. :DOkay, only one picture, some personal propaganda, and 3 friends now (2 from work), as well as the initial blog entry. Still no music, so somebody will have to show me how to do that.

Chr$
07-18-2006, 12:18 AM
To paraphrase Joel Corwith, "Only pretty websites crash." :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :D :p
Yeah, and "We didn't land on the moon" :D

Tau Zero
07-18-2006, 12:49 AM
Yeah, and "We didn't land on the moon" :DHey, Chr$! I *thought* that was you! :D (The flag was a dead giveaway, though. :rolleyes: )

Actually, I remember Joel telling me at NSL 2002 about the *one* rocket he painted pink (at his wife's or kids' suggestion, IIRC), and it suffered an ignominious fate. (And his resulting assertion that, "Only pretty *rockets* crash." --Of course, that's like remembering all the times that it rains after you wash your car, and forgetting all of the days that it *doesn't* rain when you wash the car.)

Welcome to YORF! Glad to see you here! :cool:

Cheers,

Tau Zero
07-18-2006, 12:51 AM
That profile needs something. Color, music, a slide show, etc. It's NEKKID! :eek:I added a song, but I can't hear music on either your site or mine. (And *yes,* the speaker volume is turned up!)

Any clues?

JRThro
07-18-2006, 08:53 AM
Of course, that's like remembering all the times that it rains after you wash your car, and forgetting all of the days that it *doesn't* rain when you wash the car.

Lucky for me, I never wash my car, so I don't have to worry about such things.
:rolleyes: :cool:

Actually, I remember Joel telling me at NSL 2002 about the *one* rocket he painted pink (at his wife's or kids' suggestion, IIRC), and it suffered an ignominious fate. (And his resulting assertion that, "Only pretty *rockets* crash." ... )

Does this mean that my Rokitflite Odyssey will crash now that it's all prettied up? It always flew great and recovered perfectly when it was nekkid.
:eek:

JRThro
07-18-2006, 08:54 AM
I added a song, but I can't hear music on either your site or mine. (And *yes,* the speaker volume is turned up!)

Any clues?
Sounds like you need a new computer, Jay.

Tau Zero
07-19-2006, 12:31 AM
Sounds like you need a new computer, Jay.(heavy sigh) Not bloody likely, John. :( Got a new one of those two years ago in April. So it's not gonna happen. :rolleyes: Actually, I may need to update my MusicMatch player from version 9 to version 10.

My kid brother has a fencing company, and he's going to replace the 50-foot wooden fence along the alley that a recent windstorm ripped in half. I cobbled it together 10 years ago, so it's about time. Plus we're going with vinyl instead of wood. :D

So guess where the computer money's going. :eek:

Thanks anyway,

JRThro
07-19-2006, 07:35 AM
My kid brother has a fencing company, and he's going to replace the 50-foot wooden fence along the alley that a recent windstorm ripped in half.A windstorm ripped your alley in half? That's incredible! Even hurricanes don't do that sort of damage down here along the Gulf coast.
:)

Tau Zero
07-19-2006, 11:27 PM
Sounds like you need a new computer, Jay.Actually, one of my co-workers and I decided that I needed a high-speed internet connection like I have at work. :D I'm still on dialup at home. :(

("I see red
It hurts my head...")

Then there's that whole "broken alley" thing. :eek: :rolleyes:

Chuckling,

CPMcGraw
07-20-2006, 09:40 PM
Actually, one of my co-workers and I decided that I needed a high-speed internet connection like I have at work. :D I'm still on dialup at home. :(

I finally got broadband down here at my home one week before Katrina, through BellSouth. I've had good service, with only maybe two or three LOS incidents in that entire time, including Katrina.

The price actually dropped for the service $10 mo earlier this year, so it's become aggressively priced compared to having a second phone line plus a separate ISP. I wouldn't know what is offered in your region, but it might surprise you on the pricing.