PDA

View Full Version : Estes Needs to Update Their Website

Initiator001
05-05-2011, 06:18 PM
I was visiting one of my local hobby shops this morning and discovered an Estes kit I did not know had been released.

According to the Estes website, this kit is listed as "Coming Soon".

Maybe Estes has licensed the Semroc production/transport system. ;)

Eagle3
05-05-2011, 07:07 PM
They announced it on Face Book a day or so ago.

Buzz

Earl
05-05-2011, 08:16 PM
I saw the kit listed on (I think) AC Supply's website sometime maybe early last week and wondered whether it was 'out' yet or not. *I think* the AC Supply site listed it then as 'in stock' (but don't quote me on that).

I know I saw it on *some* supplier's website last week.

Earl

the mole
05-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Found one at my local Hobby Lobby for $9.99 today(5/5/11).

Shreadvector
05-06-2011, 07:45 AM
QUANTITY: 1

Very important marking for a kit.

Wouldn't want to get sued by a customer buying this product and then becoming irate and litigious after finding only one kit inside instead of the usual 73 they expected.

:chuckle: :rolleyes:

jetlag
05-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Got one from AC just the other day.

CJU
05-06-2011, 08:42 AM
QUANTITY: 1

Very important marking for a kit.

Wouldn't want to get sued by a customer buying this product and then becoming irate and litigious after finding only one kit inside instead of the usual 73 they expected.

:chuckle: :rolleyes:

You'd be surprised what lawyers/bureaucrats/politicians want on labels... Back when I was working as a bakery's IT/accounting person, a health inspector threatened to write us up for not having "may have come into contact with peanuts" on the label, as everything else did. The product: Peanut Butter Cookies. :chuckle:

Bill
05-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Now we have people complaining because a product is early?

Bill

Bluegrass Rocket
05-08-2011, 10:08 AM
I got one at the local hobby shop yesterday. Right off I made a couple of changes. First I added a engine hook with a hold down tube. Then I drilled a small hole in the forward centering ring and added a kevlar thread for shock cord mounting. I had to get started on this one since the Honest John has always been a favorite.

JumpJet
05-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Glad to see that if you were going to use a engine hook retainer ,it was an old style one and not the newer type. I would highly recooment you add the diamond airfoil shape to the fins, since the mdoel looks so much better with them then just the plain rounded leading edges.

John Boren