PDA

View Full Version : Energon motors

lawndart
09-05-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm in the process of revamping my model rocket motor website. I'm looking for photos and information on Energon motors.

Centuriflyer
09-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Are the energon motors Autobot or Decepticon tech?

lawndart
09-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Depends who you talk to.

ghrocketman
09-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Neither- they are Ro-beests.

jetlag
09-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Seriously, I've never heard of these 'Energon' motors. Was there such a thing(s)?

Now, 'Enerjet' I've heard of (but never had any).

Allen

lawndart
09-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Energon was based in Florida. The only motor I ever saw fly was an L1100. Company disappeared in the MRED fiasco (can I call it a fiasco) that also killed Dangerous Dave's and Mike Platt's (?) kit companies. I think there was another person involved. I remember seeing photos of the new facilities being built and then DRAMA.

Jerry Irvine
09-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Energon was based in Florida. The only motor I ever saw fly was an L1100. Company disappeared in the MRED fiasco (can I call it a fiasco) that also killed Dangerous Dave's and Mike Platt's (?) kit companies. I think there was another person involved. I remember seeing photos of the new facilities being built and then DRAMA.
I think that history is correct.

TRA gave them one of those wink and a nod certifications, which made it to a joint NAR/TRA list.

http://www.v-serv.com/usr/images/NARcerts.11-97.640.jpg

I never saw a single motor and we were motor central.

Jerry

Earl
09-10-2010, 10:44 PM

Dale-

Yeah, I can see the guy's face. He used to come to the HOTSHOT launches in south GA that John Cato and I used to host back in the early to mid 90's. Nice guy...kinda low key type. We had a pretty good group of folks that would come up from FL for those events.

Dale, you came to some of those launches too, seems like.

Earl

Jerry Irvine
09-11-2010, 12:28 AM
Dale-

Yeah, I can see the guy's face. He used to come to the HOTSHOT launches in south GA that John Cato and I used to host back in the early to mid 90's. Nice guy...kinda low key type. We had a pretty good group of folks that would come up from FL for those events.

Earl

I think John did the architectural drawings for the shop. Shaped like a rocket. Seriously.

Jerry

tbzep
09-11-2010, 09:02 AM
I think John.....
Jerry

That's "John H. Cato, Jr., Registered Architect" to you, buddy. :D

lawndart
09-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Dale-

Earl

I met John C. and Dangerous Dave and Tim E. at a Battle Park launch in VA and they gave me a taste of HP. I flew my HP cert flight at a HOTSHOT launch in 1993 with a Vulcan H100 Smokey Sam I got from Ross Dunton in a THOY Falcon. He offered to sell me an Energon L1100 for my next HP flight. Ah, those were the days.