PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Craig

James Pierson
02-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Happy Birthday Craig McGraw. :D

I also want to thank you for all your fine work with Barclone. Your website is one of my favorites.

James Pierson

Former Manager
Rocketry Preservation Society ( deceased ).

CPMcGraw
02-28-2006, 07:25 PM
I also want to thank you for all your fine work with Barclone. Your website is one of my favorites.

James Pierson

Former Manager

Thanks, James. I'm glad the site has enjoyed as much support as it has...

I looked at the hit counter the other day, and was a little surprised to see over 19,000 visits. Seems like just a month or two ago that I was crowing about 5000 hits...

A Fish Named Wallyum
02-28-2006, 07:38 PM
James Pierson

Former Manager

Deceased? Since when? That's a bummer. :(

James Pierson
02-28-2006, 08:49 PM
Rocketry Preservation Society
DECEASED (deleted by MSN)

RPS deceased since my computer finally crashed last year and have spent that year adding 406 square feet to the house. I now have a new computer and as indoor rocket workshop. :D The biggest probem was keeping the bad people from posting on the message board. The second problem was time (mainly my two finger hunt and poke typing skills). Thanks for your concern Bill. Also all the articles are on my backup cd for future reference.

Thanks for your concern Bill.

PS. I have been faithfully keeping my Rocketry Journal for two years now and it is time to share some of my ideas.

A Fish Named Wallyum
02-28-2006, 08:59 PM

RPS deceased since my computer finally crashed last year and have spent that year adding 406 square feet to the house. I now have a new computer and as indoor rocket workshop. :D The biggest probem was keeping the bad people from posting on the message board. The second problem was time (mainly my two finger hunt and poke typing skills). Thanks for your concern Bill. Also all the articles are on my backup cd for future reference.

Thanks for your concern Bill.

PS. I have been faithfully keeping my Rocketry Journal for two years now and it is time to share some of my ideas.

Well, this would be the place to share them. I remember getting an e-mail from the one guy who was ripping people off right and left with vintage kits at non-vintage prices, so I know what you mean there. "Warbirds", or something like that.

CPMcGraw
02-28-2006, 09:15 PM

RPS deceased since my computer finally crashed last year... I now have a new computer and as indoor rocket workshop. :D

Was it the hard disk that crashed, or the whole computer? If just the computer, you should be able to slave that old drive to the new one and recover those files...

(You DID have local copies of your web content, right?):eek:

Please post them here, and if you feel the urge, we can post them to BARCLONE after that. I use RockSim probably more than I should, but it's so easy to pre-flight-test my designs and know they'll work when they're built. After that, I try to work up a PDF in OpenOffice to go along with the RKT files. If you've got some rough sketches, that works, too! Send them on!:D

Tau Zero
02-28-2006, 09:51 PM
Happy Birthday Craig. :D(Denis Leary voice) "Happy Freakin' Birthday, already." :eek: ;) :D

You're only two days younger than one Michael Jerauld. (waggles eyebrows) I told him,

"(ominous voice) 'Welcome to 44.' (manical laughter)"

...which applies to you, too. ;) :cool:

Cheers,

--Jay

Tau Zero
02-28-2006, 09:54 PM
I use RockSim probably more than I should,(heavy sigh) Bill tells me the same thing. (hangs head in embarrassment) But he *did* ask me to sim an upscale Andromeda (IIRC) once to see if it would be worth building. :p (I was only too happy to comply with his request.)

Cheers,

--Jay

A Fish Named Wallyum
02-28-2006, 10:14 PM
(Denis Leary voice) "Happy Freakin' Birthday, already." :eek: ;) :D

You're only two days younger than one Michael Jerauld. (waggles eyebrows) I told him,

"(ominous voice) 'Welcome to 44.' (manical laughter)"

...which applies to you, too. ;) :cool:

Cheers,

--Jay

I suddenly feel so youthful. ;)

Tau Zero
02-28-2006, 10:22 PM
I suddenly feel so youthful. ;)Don't worry. "The Time Machine's comin' for *YOU,* boy!" :eek: :p ;)

--Jay

A Fish Named Wallyum
02-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Don't worry. "The Time Machine's comin' for *YOU,* boy!" :eek: :p ;)

--Jay

Yeah, but it has to run until September to catch me. Who knows if I'll live that long? :D

Ltvscout
02-28-2006, 11:14 PM
Happy Birthday, old man!

snicker, snicker

Vanel
03-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Happy birthday, Craig!

CPMcGraw
03-01-2006, 12:25 PM
Sigh...

And I was SO trying not to be reminded; My body makes it a point to tell me loudly how old I am each and every time I have to pick up something from the floor -- I sound like a bowl of Rice Crispies with the milk added...:o

Thanks for the kind words, folks.