PDA

View Full Version : Single color Estes 'chutes are not so bad....

BEC
05-04-2010, 05:22 PM
I know there was a bunch of hue and cry about the "meets the egregious lead regulations" single-color Estes parachutes here. Personally, I've found that they are very easy to see - both the white ones and the red ones.

Here's an example from three days ago.

(they work well on bright days, too)

BRS Hobbies
05-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Bernard,

I agree. The new chutes are easy to track.

Best regards,
Brian

jadebox
05-05-2010, 09:19 AM
I agree. The new chutes are easy to track.

And, when helping a group of kids build Alphas, we found out they can be colored with Sharpies. The kids enjoyed that.

-- Roger

Shamous
05-05-2010, 02:26 PM
All true, but still, I was disappointed when I opened up my Red Max and found the red chute instead of the promised black one with white skull and crossbones. Does anybody know if Estes made any of these?

Robobud
05-05-2010, 08:35 PM
All true, but still, I was disappointed when I opened up my Red Max and found the red chute instead of the promised black one with white skull and crossbones. Does anybody know if Estes made any of these?

Yes...I have a few of them. They are getting harder and harder to find, I look on ebay for the red max kits and then email the seller to make sure it has the skull and crossbones.

mycrofte
05-06-2010, 03:52 AM
I made some out of white trash bags last year and drew some with the multi color sharpies. The skull and crossbones might be a bit hard to do though...