PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Jobs

kurtschachner
10-25-2009, 04:36 PM
Those of you that are fans of this show won't want to miss this season's episodes. One in particular that I happened to catch this weekend was probably the dirtiest job I've seen yet. Previous to this I think my favorite was the San Fransisco sewer inspector, but this one beats that. Mike ventures into a rendering plant this time, and you get a behind-the-scenes look at something most of us have only read about in those books your mom told you to stay away from.

I won't ruin the suspense but let's just say that he mentions that their crew called several plants before they found one that would let them come in and film the process. I've never seen him give a (at least half serious) warning before about watching it either.

All in all it's about what you would expect but still pretty interesting.

Ltvscout
10-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Those of you that are fans of this show won't want to miss this season's episodes. One in particular that I happened to catch this weekend was probably the dirtiest job I've seen yet. Previous to this I think my favorite was the San Fransisco sewer inspector, but this one beats that. Mike ventures into a rendering plant this time, and you get a behind-the-scenes look at something most of us have only read about in those books your mom told you to stay away from.

I won't ruin the suspense but let's just say that he mentions that their crew called several plants before they found one that would let them come in and film the process. I've never seen him give a (at least half serious) warning before about watching it either.

All in all it's about what you would expect but still pretty interesting.
I'll look for it and DVR it. I'll make sure I'm eating when I watch it. :D

kurtschachner
10-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Ya, maybe I will mention one thing.

A 150 HP grinder.

I'll look for it and DVR it. I'll make sure I'm eating when I watch it. :D

Ltvscout
10-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Ya, maybe I will mention one thing.

A 150 HP grinder.
So that's where Hot Dogs come from! :chuckle:

kurtschachner
10-25-2009, 08:13 PM
So that's where Hot Dogs come from! :chuckle:

Uh, no. Thankfully that is a big no. My uncle was an engineer for Oscar Mayer and I know where those hot dogs come from. This Is Not It.

No, no, no, no, no, no.

A Fish Named Wallyum
10-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Uh, no. Thankfully that is a big no. My uncle was an engineer for Oscar Mayer and I know where those hot dogs come from. This Is Not It.

No, no, no, no, no, no.

I always heard that hot dogs were made from lips and a$$holes.
That said, guess what we had for dinner tonight? :chuckle:

kapton
10-25-2009, 11:05 PM
That is one of last seasons episodes, though.