PDA

View Full Version : Semroc SST Shuttle 1

ga1ba2
10-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Does anyone know how loose the shuttle should fit on the rocket tube? Should it fit like a nose cone or lose enough so if you turn it upside down it will fall off?

mperdue
10-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Does anyone know how loose the shuttle should fit on the rocket tube? Should it fit like a nose cone or lose enough so if you turn it upside down it will fall off?
It needs to fall off when the chute is deployed but you don't want it to move around too much. Turning it nose down should result in it separating.

Mario

ghrocketman
10-23-2009, 09:39 AM
+1 to what Mario said.
If it does not separate when you tip the rocket nose-down, most likely it will not in flight either.

GregGleason
10-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Ditto to the above.

I built the original back in the day and could touch the wing and glider would rotate easily on the "booster" coupler. After apogee, the mother ship would nose over and the glider would separate, all very cool.

I have thought about building an upscale of it using BT-80 tubes and .... Hmmmm...

Greg

mperdue
10-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Ditto to the above.

I built the original back in the day and could touch the wing and glider would rotate easily on the "booster" coupler. After apogee, the mother ship would nose over and the glider would separate, all very cool.

I have thought about building an upscale of it using BT-80 tubes and .... Hmmmm...

Greg

I'm almost done with my 2X upscale...

Mario

ga1ba2
10-24-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the input. It sure is a neat looking rocket.

Mark II
10-24-2009, 10:08 PM
It sure is. I wanted to get one from Semroc but I missed my chance both times. I suppose that I could still order the parts separately, though.

MarkII

John Brohm
10-24-2009, 10:40 PM

Mario

It looks very fine, Mario. Is the first flight scheduled?

mperdue
10-25-2009, 05:19 AM
It looks very fine, Mario. Is the first flight scheduled?I was hoping to fly it at the October ROCI launch but I wasn't done yet. I'll probably wait until the May launch now. I should have a lot of new stuff to fly at that launch.

BTW, my thanks the Carl at Semroc for all his help making the parts needed for this build.

Mario

GregGleason
10-25-2009, 08:34 PM

Mario

Mario,

Please give a launch report!

Greg