PDA

View Full Version : Semroc Saturn 1B/ LJ II for X-mas ????

ghrocketman
12-09-2005, 12:01 PM
I'm starting to wonder if we are going to see the Semroc Saturn 1B and Little Joe II kits in time for X-Mas. I know my wife is too, due to the fact that they are both at the TOP of my X-Mas list....I do not want to end up with non-rocketry related wife-thinks-I-Need items instead ! :D :D :D

Anybody heard any "inside" info if these will make it in time for X-Mas ? ;)

Semroc always ships fast, but I think we may be getting down to the wire here.

Carl; could you maybe give us an update, even if the news is not good ?

Vanel
12-09-2005, 08:37 PM
Enter "kit" in the site search - you'll see the Saturn 1B, Little Joe II, and Mars Lander as "coming soon" - along with the prices...

Save your sheckels, boys and girls. Carl is about to unleash some very neat stuff! :D

kurtschachner
12-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Enter "kit" in the site search - you'll see the Saturn 1B, Little Joe II, and Mars Lander as "coming soon" - along with the prices...

Save your sheckels, boys and girls. Carl is about to unleash some very neat stuff! :D

I want the sink. Suppose it flys on a (drain)-O motor?

ghrocketman
12-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Based on the Cd of a Kitchen Sink I think it would take at LEAST an O motor to get it up to any sort of recoverable altitude. :rolleyes:

A Fish Named Wallyum
12-10-2005, 08:12 PM

:o
Richard Pryor you ain't. Then again, neither is he anymore. :(

Green Dragon
12-15-2005, 10:57 AM

Well,,, if someone wants to purchase the sink, and build it with a 4" (102 mm ) motor mount - I just happen to have an O2600 that I'd donate to the cause.....

:cool:

~ AL

ghrocketman
12-15-2005, 12:10 PM
Al,
Does the offer go for any kitchen sink, or just the Semroc one ?
I happen to have a sink I'd be willing to donate just to see it fly on an "o" motor.
I'd even be willing to slop (with a pound or so of J-B Weld) a 4" motor tube onto it too !

Recovery ? We dun't need no steeeeenkin' recovery !

ghrocketman
12-16-2005, 01:41 PM
Unfortunately I have not seen any updates to the Saturn 1B or LJ II on the Semroc site in quite a few days.
I should not have gotten my hopes up that this would be in the market before X-Mas, I guess. :(
I'm really getting the sinking feeling that even if the Saturn 1B kit gets finished for sale before X-Mas as Carl originally targeted, there is no way it will arrive for X-Mas.
Based on how much additioanl mail/shipping traffic that occurs during the week before X-Mas, I don't think it would arrive by Christmas Eve unless one could order it by 12-17-05.

Anybody "in the know" have any additional info ??

Ltvscout
12-16-2005, 05:39 PM
I'm really getting the sinking feeling that even if the Saturn 1B kit gets finished for sale before X-Mas as Carl originally targeted, there is no way it will arrive for X-Mas.
Based on how much additioanl mail/shipping traffic that occurs during the week before X-Mas, I don't think it would arrive by Christmas Eve unless one could order it by 12-17-05.

Anybody "in the know" have any additional info ??
I personally don't recall Carl saying this would, or could be ready by Christmas.

ghrocketman
12-16-2005, 06:34 PM
LTV Scout:

See the following quote from Carl here:

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=538&highlight=mars+lander

Parts will be coming online as they are received.

Plans (subject to change) are for:
KS-1 Saturn 1B 1/70 (based on Estes K-29)
KS-2 Apollo Capsule 1/70 (based on Estes NCK-29)
KS-3 Little Joe II 1/70 (based on Estes K-30)
in time for Christmas.

I was hoping maybe too much for this as a X-Mas gift from the wife.

Carl@Semroc
12-16-2005, 08:52 PM
The hoped-for release dates before Christmas were too optimistic. (That is the way you say it won't happen.) There have been far too many minor design decisions and so much of the early Estes parts did not fit exactly. Our Retro-Repro is going to be as faithful as possible, but also should be a little better. It has to be right before it ships.

We are having so much fun with these kits. The wraps, the tubes, shrouds, balsa turnings, all of it is so exciting to us! I never built one when it was released. It is a skill level 5 for patient modelers. The introductory price of $45.00 should help get a lot of more Saturn 1B's in the air at launches.

We have never taken pre-orders, but we are getting a list started to reserve early production numbers. We don't have a formal system, but send us an email at reserve@semroc.com if you want us to set one aside for you.

sandman
12-16-2005, 10:28 PM
But, Carl...

I wanna buy one with my discount...and it runs out Dec 31st! :eek:

How about if I buy myself a gift certificate?? :rolleyes:

Carl@Semroc
12-16-2005, 10:31 PM
But, Carl...
How about if I buy myself a gift certificate?? :rolleyes:That would work.

Bob H
12-16-2005, 10:54 PM
But, Carl...

What a great idea! :D :D

SEL
12-16-2005, 11:43 PM
But, Carl...

Hey!!! I was gonna ask him that!! :mad: :mad:

SEL
12-17-2005, 12:06 AM
Hey!!! I was gonna ask him that!! :mad: :mad:

But I like his answer!! :D :D

ghrocketman
12-17-2005, 09:31 AM
Carl,
Thanks a ton for the update !
I can tell my wife she does not need to keep checking the website !
I am going to send you an email to put me on the "reserve" list.

Ltvscout
12-17-2005, 09:51 AM
LTV Scout:

See the following quote from Carl here:

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=538&highlight=mars+lander

Parts will be coming online as they are received.

Plans (subject to change) are for:
KS-1 Saturn 1B 1/70 (based on Estes K-29)
KS-2 Apollo Capsule 1/70 (based on Estes NCK-29)
KS-3 Little Joe II 1/70 (based on Estes K-30)
in time for Christmas.

I was hoping maybe too much for this as a X-Mas gift from the wife.
Ah, yes. I forgot about that thread. ;) I know that one of the hard parts is putting documentation together for the kits. That may be one of the holdups.