PDA

View Full Version : Semroc VF-261 Question

timorley
07-19-2009, 07:46 PM
The Semroc VF-261 is a nice kit. I launched it for the first time yesterday and wow what a great flier! When I built it I was a little concerned the launch lugs placed on the wing tips might fail when it landed. My concern became reality yesterday. It's an easy repair and I'll insert something inside like a piece if 1/8 inch dowel to reinforce, but I'm wondering if others had this problem and what was your solution. I almost substituted dowels during my build but decided to build per plan. It's a great kit I encourage others to get if they already haven't.

sandman
07-19-2009, 08:03 PM
The Semroc VF-261 is a nice kit. I launched it for the first time yesterday and wow what a great flier! When I built it I was a little concerned the launch lugs placed on the wing tips might fail when it landed. My concern became reality yesterday. It's an easy repair and I'll insert something inside like a piece if 1/8 inch dowel to reinforce, but I'm wondering if others had this problem and what was your solution. I almost substituted dowels during my build but decided to build per plan. It's a great kit I encourage others to get if they already haven't.

I didn't have that problem...I put the wood dowels into the launch lugs FIRST! ;)

I knew that was going to be a problem.

Royatl
07-19-2009, 10:32 PM

That is exactly what I did. No problem since.

timorley
07-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Yep, I should have went with my initial reaction when building it to beef it up.

Thanks for the responses.

It's the only improvement suggestion I would have to Semroc on the kit.

Jeff Walther
07-20-2009, 02:20 PM
I wonder if 1/8" styrene tubing might serve? I think I saw some at the local hobby shop when I was hunting for clear dope and got distracted by the variety of styrene extrusions.