PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Ballastics

Rocket Doctor
06-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Quite some time ago, I was asking for info on Eastern ballastics, a memeber posted photos of those motors, I can't remember who posted them. If you could repost those photos, I would appreciate it. And, if anyone has any info on Eastern Ballastics, from Sparta NJ, I would appreciate that as well..
thanks

RD

Bazookadale
06-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Here a some of my photos. The one shot I can't get is the ejection end - it says it is a B4-3 but it looks like a booster motor inside. I think it may have had the old style paper cap and loose ejection charge which was removed or fell out over the years

Rocket Doctor
06-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Here a some of my photos. The one shot I can't get is the ejection end - it says it is a B4-3 but it looks like a booster motor inside. I think it may have had the old style paper cap and loose ejection charge which was removed or fell out over the years

Dale, Thank You so much for these, I do remember now that you had posted these before. May I ask, where did you happen to aquire these, in all my years in the hobby, I haven't been able to find any of these.

RD

Bazookadale
06-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Dale, Thank You so much for these, I do remember now that you had posted these before. May I ask, where did you happen to aquire these, in all my years in the hobby, I haven't been able to find any of these.

RD

I just have the one B4-3, I bought it on an online auction MANY years ago, before we worried about shipping by US mail. It may have been from Matt Steele or there was another fellow (whose name I forget) who ran monthly auctions

Sidenote - I just got back from a hockey game - the Hershey Bears lead the Calder Cup finals 3 games to 1!
http://www.hersheybears.com/index.php

Rocket Doctor
06-09-2009, 09:19 AM
I just have the one B4-3, I bought it on an online auction MANY years ago, before we worried about shipping by US mail. It may have been from Matt Steele or there was another fellow (whose name I forget) who ran monthly auctions

Sidenote - I just got back from a hockey game - the Hershey Bears lead the Calder Cup finals 3 games to 1!
http://www.hersheybears.com/index.php

Dale

Could you list what is printed on the motor, I couldn't see all of the printing in the photos.
Thajnks
RD

Bazookadale
06-09-2009, 08:41 PM
sorry about the quality of the pics, the printing is a little faded and my auto focus doesn't want to lock in on it

OK from the top line - this is not exact but as close as I can come

EASTERN
BALLISTICS CORP. OF NEW JERSEY
Rocket Engine
NAR TYPE( triangle with NAR )THIS ENGINE IS NAR APPROVED
B 4-3 MFG.CODE 12 9 8
WARNING READ INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
ICC Class C toy Propellant Device Soak In Water To Destroy

Sadly the Bears lost tonight 3-2 and the series goes back to Manitoba :(

Rocket Doctor
06-10-2009, 08:03 AM
sorry about the quality of the pics, the printing is a little faded and my auto focus doesn't want to lock in on it

OK from the top line - this is not exact but as close as I can come

EASTERN
BALLISTICS CORP. OF NEW JERSEY
Rocket Engine
NAR TYPE( triangle with NAR )THIS ENGINE IS NAR APPROVED
B 4-3 MFG.CODE 12 9 8
WARNING READ INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
ICC Class C toy Propellant Device Soak In Water To Destroy

Sadly the Bears lost tonight 3-2 and the series goes back to Manitoba :(

Thanks again Dale.

If you ever want to sell this motor, please let me know.
RD

Bazookadale
06-12-2009, 10:46 PM
One last loose end end to tie up

Friday night hockey history was made in Winnipeg Manitoba
THE HERSHEY BEARS WON THEIR
10TH CALDER CUP TITLE!

A new American Hockey League record!

Oh yeah Pittsburgh won some kind of a cup too, I don't care