PDA

View Full Version : Not rockets but they still fly...

The_Forgotten
04-02-2009, 12:32 PM
I have a box filled with many different full-size drawings for various r/c airplanes...would there be any interest in someone wanting to buy the lot or individual ones? If so, I will post them in the auction section. I am asking this since these plans came from the same now deceased rocketeer that had the 160 rockets I am slowly going to begin selling on the YORF auction site. I know that the yard sale section is for rockets only, but since many rocketeers are interested in aviation as well I thought it was worth the inquiry. Thanks!

CPMcGraw
04-02-2009, 03:01 PM
I have a box filled with many different full-size drawings for various r/c airplanes...would there be any interest in someone wanting to buy the lot or individual ones?...

If you could post a list of what plans were in that collection, those of us who are also RC oriented could let you know.

The_Forgotten
04-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Okay so there's several more items but I'm not sure of their completeness or even what I'm looking at so I have below a list of what I believe to be complete plans for planes:

Great Planes' Electri-cub Designed by Don Anderson, Drawn by Jon Schmidt. This plane is stained a lot yet still readable, and has a few tears; one on the edge and two through the center though all the material is still there.
Cleveland-designed 3/4"scale Von Richthofen's Fokker Triplan Model 3F-14
Messerschmitt Me 262 V1 by Allan Schnazle. April 1992
Vultee XP-54 by Earl Stah Manufactured May 1945 Wing Span 20" by. Alan Hunt Plane Service
Moynet 360 "Jupiter" Modernistic Models 20" span (2 copies present)
Peanunt scale SE5 by Walt Mooney
Standard Model, Stand Aircraft Corporation, Elizabeth, NJ. Wingspan 38 1/2 inches, length 23 1/2. by Hurst G. Bowers
Buzzer Model Airplane Co. Loening OL-9 Designed by Fulton Hungerford; Drawn by Ray Borden
Clevelend Model Supply Company 3/4" scale flying model SF-22C. Copyright E.T. Packard 1983
Clipped wing cub (printed on plastic-y sheeting) 2 pages. Florent Becke
1981 Weedhopper JC 24 C Powered Hang Glider by John Chotia (3 sheets)
Tony Lombardo's Douglas DC-3. Nov. 1977. (2 8 1/2x11 pages taped)

Many of the plans have a few crinkles from being stored for decades and transported from house to house, some are yellow, and a few have tears but the material is present in all of them. I'm going to PM LTV scout to see if he'll allow me to post them for auction.

Ltvscout
04-02-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm going to PM LTV scout to see if he'll allow me to post them for auction.
Not a problem. Go for it. I believe I have a miscellaneous area and/or an ephemera area.

The_Forgotten
04-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Okay. great--thanks! I'm taking time this weekend to really get on the pictures and descriptions...just overwhelming.