03-04-2009, 07:48 AM
Who is going to NARAM 51 this year? Johnstown PA August 8th - 13th

Bob Kaplow
03-04-2009, 07:52 AM

Me!

sandman
03-04-2009, 09:14 AM
So far I'm going...no details yet, too far in the future.

CaninoBD
03-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Me three!

Royatl
03-04-2009, 12:31 PM

I don't know how I'm going to pay for it, currently, but I've got two weeks planned, one for NARAM and one for Manhattan.

Leo
03-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Well, if the Doctor is going to go then yours truly most likely will visit his first Naram event aswell :)

We shall see where the road leads come August :)

sandman
03-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Well, if the Doctor is going to go then yours truly most likely will visit his first Naram event aswell :)

Great, Leo!

Hopefully I'll have a booth with something to sell so come visit!

BTW, how about everybody that has a Saturn V bring it to NARAM 51 for the 40th anniversary of the moon landing. ;)

Pyro Pro
03-04-2009, 04:14 PM
As far as I know, I'm still going. School starts the following Monday for me, but I still ought to be able to make it for the week.

I just need to find time to start building everything! This whole junior year thing is taking its toll on my free time! :(

cas2047
03-04-2009, 04:53 PM

That's the way I'm approaching it also Leo.

Every time I plan on attending one of these events some family thing comes up that conflicts with it. I was all set to attend NARCON March 20-22 since it's in CT, a short hop from MA. However I recently found out that I'm expected in NJ that weekend so it's now up in the air. :confused:

foose4string
03-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Got the room booked a couple weeks ago. Haven't officially signed up yet, but plan to attend for a few days of sport flying.

InFlight
03-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Mrs. Inflight and I are planning to attend this year. Still deciding on whether to get a booth or not.

jflis
03-05-2009, 07:22 AM
Kathy and I will be there with a full booth. Have to leave Friday morning (missing the banquet again... :( ) because we have to be in NY friday eveing for the 3-day NERRF event.

See you folks there!
jim

Rocket Doctor
03-07-2009, 07:38 PM
http://www.psc473.org/naram51/

Peartree
03-08-2009, 06:08 AM
As of now, my boys and I are planning to attend and my wife and daughter will have a "girls week" at home. :D

Is anyone else camping? Where?

Rocket Doctor
03-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Just made my reservation at the host hotel Holiday inn Downtown-Johnstown PA

1-800-433-5663

Rooms are going fast.

There was 65 rooms booked, according to the front desk, the following are still available as of right now.

15 rooms (smoking) with double beds

10 rooms (non-smoking) double beds

Contact the hotel for further information

There are also two weddings, a reunion and a baseball tournament the same weekend.

There are other hotels and camp sites in the area, book early.

http://psc473.org/naram51/

Mark II
03-11-2009, 07:19 PM
It is going to be hard for me to come up with an excuse if I somehow miss this one, but it is also going to be hard for me to come up with the money to attend. We shall see, though. If I can go, my fear is that by the time I find that out, I'll have to get a hotel room in Buffalo. :rolleyes:

I would really like to finally make it to NERRF this year as well, but the same constraints apply.

And then there is LDRS...

All this bounty this year, practically at my doorstep! Man, if I lived in, say, Corning or Ithaca, I would be crowing! :D

MarkII

John Brohm
03-11-2009, 10:23 PM

BTW, how about everybody that has a Saturn V bring it to NARAM 51 for the 40th anniversary of the moon landing. ;)

Hi Gordon;

Well actually, there is a commemorative event being scheduled for the Sunday afternoon flying session. Sirius Rocketry has offered to sponsor a Saturn Showcase, an event where every Saturn-related rocket that's flown during the event has its flight card placed in a special box for a prize drawing at the end of the session. There will be three (3) drawings from the box, all great Sirius Rocketry prizes, so we're hoping to see a lot of Saturn rockets at NARAM Sunday.

Please note: the range won't be limited to just Saturn flights during the event; they'll be part of the normal afternoon sport flying session, so everyone can still fly even if they've neglected to bring a Saturn. But it's just the Saturn flight cards that get entered into the Sirius Rocketry prize drawing.

Bring a Saturn of any vintage and manufacture. The more the better - we want to see some history here, enjoy the craftsmanship, and witness some great nostalgic models. There's no judging, it's just got to be Saturn-related. Scale, semi-scale, and PMC Saturns will all count. Big ones and small ones. Don't even have to be painted (but they must be flightworthy!). Yes, I'm sure there are already questions lining up whether a Little Joe II counts (ain't no Apollo Saturn without a Little Joe II, you know); while I haven't had this confirmed yet by the event organizers, my suspicion is that even Little Joe IIs will count. The NARAM 51 website will be updated shortly with the event announcement.

So get 'em built, or dust 'em off (or perhaps both!); let's have a great Saturn Showcase at NARAM Sunday. Thanks to Sirius Rocketry for initiating this event.

sandman
03-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Hi Gordon;

Well actually, there is a commemorative event being scheduled for the Sunday afternoon flying session. Sirius Rocketry has offered to sponsor a Saturn Showcase, an event where every Saturn-related rocket that's flown during the event has its flight card placed in a special box for a prize drawing at the end of the session. There will be three (3) drawings from the box, all great Sirius Rocketry prizes, so we're hoping to see a lot of Saturn rockets at NARAM Sunday.

Please note: the range won't be limited to just Saturn flights during the event; they'll be part of the normal afternoon sport flying session, so everyone can still fly even if they've neglected to bring a Saturn. But it's just the Saturn flight cards that get entered into the Sirius Rocketry prize drawing.

Bring a Saturn of any vintage and manufacture. The more the better - we want to see some history here, enjoy the craftsmanship, and witness some great nostalgic models. There's no judging, it's just got to be Saturn-related. Scale, semi-scale, and PMC Saturns will all count. Big ones and small ones. Don't even have to be painted (but they must be flightworthy!). Yes, I'm sure there are already questions lining up whether a Little Joe II counts (ain't no Apollo Saturn without a Little Joe II, you know); while I haven't had this confirmed yet by the event organizers, my suspicion is that even Little Joe IIs will count. The NARAM 51 website will be updated shortly with the event announcement.

So get 'em built, or dust 'em off (or perhaps both!); let's have a great Saturn Showcase at NARAM Sunday. Thanks to Sirius Rocketry for initiating this event.

KOOL! :D

Well, there's at least three models I know I'll be bringing...probably a lot more too!

MKP
03-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Kind of off topic, but I'm curious. How are the sites for these events chosen?

Rocket Doctor
03-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Kind of off topic, but I'm curious. How are the sites for these events chosen?

A NAR Section will put in a bid to host a NARAM, then, the brass at the NAR will select a site. Usually, they try to hold a NARAM in a different part of the country each year so everyone can have an opportunity to participate without a lot of expense to travel. Sometimes, a section is not able to host a NARAM and it will be hosted by a section that has previously hosted one.

garmtn
03-14-2009, 03:35 AM
I'm going, 1st timer! :D Hope my "nite flight" works? Guess I'll have to make a test flt. "The Dude" w/3 high intensity led mini flashlights. What u think dude?

Rocket Doctor
03-14-2009, 07:04 AM
I'm going, 1st timer! :D Hope my "nite flight" works? Guess I'll have to make a test flt. "The Dude" w/3 high intensity led mini flashlights. What u think dude?

That should be very interesting. Maybe a first. Good luck and best wishes.

garmtn
03-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Me! 1st timer. Entering 1/8a HD and 1/2a streamer. Bye Glenn :p