PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Profile RC gliders - rocket or electric powered

falingtrea
02-22-2009, 06:57 PM
I saw this link on TRF and thought there would be some interest here for some of the models. Frank Burke is doing some great work with simple foam designs. I especially like the X1, X15, A4, Jayhawk, Bomarc, and Interceptor. Check them all out!!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=979395#post11284823

blackshire
02-22-2009, 09:44 PM
I saw this link on TRF and thought there would be some interest here for some of the models. Frank Burke is doing some great work with simple foam designs. I especially like the X1, X15, A4, Jayhawk, Bomarc, and Interceptor. Check them all out!!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=979395#post11284823

Thank you for posting this! Back in High School I found Jules Bergman's book about the X-15 and the other X-Planes, and it inspired me to build profile chuck glider models (made of typing paper, with sections of bottle rocket sticks for wing spars and fuselage stiffeners) of the X-1, X-2, X-4, and X-20.

That fellow has taken the concept a step further--his XF-91 features inflight ignition of two model rocket motors that are mounted above and below the pusher prop! Imagine what he could do with an upscale of the profile canard glider from the Quest Q E-Z boost-glider kit--that would be an enlarged profile model *of* a profile model!

burkefj
02-23-2009, 06:36 PM
Thanks guys for posting this. I've been having a lot of fun with these. I'm not into long duration gliders, just getting things that I liked as a kid from the 50's or 60's to fly well, and do some subjects that have either not been done before, or have been over-complicated or difficult to do, but using simple techniques and materials not normally rocketry related.

here's my latest, an ALCM I test flew this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gZrboJyUog&feature=channel_page

My favorite RC rocket gliders I've done are the Interceptor scale up, Jayhawk target drone, Bomarc, X-15, and the A-4B winged V-2. There are a few others in there, an X-1, Natter, and ME-163 komet.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to comment.

Frank

falingtrea
03-31-2009, 03:08 PM
Frank, I was trying to tile the Bomarc and it looks like a page is missing and one is duplicated. Looks like bomarcplan10 and bomarcplan11 are dups and page '2' is missing.

burkefj
03-31-2009, 04:04 PM
Ok, let me go home tonight and bring them back in to work and I'll compare with what is posted and see if i can find the missing page...

Frank

Frank, I was trying to tile the Bomarc and it looks like a page is missing and one is duplicated. Looks like bomarcplan10 and bomarcplan11 are dups and page '2' is missing.

burkefj
03-31-2009, 08:51 PM
Ok, I found the page, the only thing it had on it was a picture of the white color scheme and a diagonal line accross one corner, if you tile the rest, you should just be able to continue that line accross the other sheets and will get you going till I can scan it in, I've removed sheet 11 and will replace it as soon as I can.

Hope that helps, please let me know how it flies for you.

Frank

burkefj
04-01-2009, 12:44 PM
All plans have been moved to www.dynasoarrocketry.com