PDA

View Full Version : Discount Rocketry

UPscaler
12-15-2008, 09:35 PM
does anyone else shop at discount rocketry? They have some pretty fairly priced stuff.

Discountrocketry.com

snaquin
12-15-2008, 09:50 PM
does anyone else shop at discount rocketry? They have some pretty fairly priced stuff.

Discountrocketry.com

Yes, Jim and Ruby Myres are great to deal with and offer excellent customer service.

Indiana
12-16-2008, 08:13 AM
Great place to buy from.

cas2047
12-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Great place to buy from.

I've purchased from them a number of times and have found the prices and customer service to be excellent.

foose4string
12-16-2008, 09:53 AM
I had good service the one time I ordered from them. The package took a little longer than I expected(2 weeks maybe?), but that was not their fault. It got hung up in the postal system somehow. They even offered to give me a free T-shirt on my next order for the inconvenience, but I really didn't see it that way and never took them up on it.

STRMan
12-16-2008, 10:23 AM
I've made a couple of purchases from them and they went through as smooth as can be.

Der Red Max
12-16-2008, 11:17 AM
I was one of Kevin's regular customers
but haven't been there since his passing.
I believe his family is still running the company though,
so I'm not surprised that they also have a great business ethic.

Initiator001
12-16-2008, 12:09 PM
I was one of Kevin's regular customers
but haven't been there since his passing.
I believe his family is still running the company though,
so I'm not surprised that they also have a great business ethic.

After Kevin's death, his family sold the company to Jim & Ruby Myers.

Kevin ran a great company and Jim & Ruby have continued that tradition.

I've had good service from both the 'old' and 'new' Discount Rocketry. :)

Bob

Eagle3
12-16-2008, 12:53 PM
I wish I could have met Kevin in person. We were mail and e-mail buds for a long time. He was pure comic genius.

He was also great to deal with and went beyond the call several times to get me stuff I was looking for. Jim and Ruby have continued with great customer service as well.

Ltvscout
12-16-2008, 03:15 PM
I also used to buy from them when Kevin owned it. I got a lot of OOP kits and motors from him. I think I still have some of his Discount Rocketry Bucks sitting around here that I never cashed in.

I haven't purchased from there since his passing, but that's only because I haven't bought much at all rocketry related in awhile.

Mark II
12-16-2008, 03:42 PM
I have ordered from them as well, and I have been very pleased with their service and their approach to customers. In one of my orders, they went "above and beyond the call of duty" for me, and I understand that this is not unusual for them. Great folks to deal with.

Mark \\.

UPscaler
12-16-2008, 08:43 PM
I think I still have some of his Discount Rocketry Bucks sitting around here that I never cashed in.
Discount Rocketry bucks, what are those?

moonzero2
12-16-2008, 09:26 PM

Discountrocketry.com
I've ordered from them several times and they are great to do business with.