PDA

View Full Version : America to Break up in 2009 says Russia!

lurker01
11-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Now I need to plan which part I will be a member of, or I might move to Belize ... my 2nd home now.

Can Civil War II be in our future?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=a3sayDZz.QKc&refer=us

ghrocketman
11-25-2008, 01:59 PM
This will happen when PIGS mystically sprout wings and FLY !

dr_wogz
11-25-2008, 02:51 PM
And then we Canadians will invade N. Dakota!

My sister has a horse. I see this a lot!!

cas2047
11-25-2008, 04:37 PM

I knew you guys were plotting something like that! ;)

gpoehlein
11-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Sheesh - yet another fool talking out of his arse! What are the odds he's got some personal (or financial) connection with Putin? (I'm convinced Putin is trying to rebuild the old Soviet Union - between the invasion of Georgia and all the railing against the west, he's obviously pining for the "good old days" when he was in the KGB!)

Greg

MarkB.
11-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Wait till you guys see what Texas has planned for New Mexico and Oklahoma!

Tau Zero
11-25-2008, 06:57 PM
(mock puzzlement) Really? I know Dan Peek hasn't been with them for something like 30 years, but Gerry Beckley and Dewey Bunnell have done a pretty good job of carrying on America's legacy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America_(band)

(Oh, you mean the *country.* Not the *band.* :o )

Well, that's *entirely* different! :rolleyes:

Cheers,

stefanj
11-26-2008, 12:06 AM
The fear merchants must really be raking it in this year.

JRThro
11-26-2008, 09:31 AM
(mock puzzlement) Really? I know Dan Peek hasn't been with them for something like 30 years, but Gerry Beckley and Dewey Bunnell have done a pretty good job of carrying on America's legacy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America_(band)
+1, Jay!

luke strawwalker
11-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Now I need to plan which part I will be a member of, or I might move to Belize ... my 2nd home now.

Can Civil War II be in our future?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=a3sayDZz.QKc&refer=us

Anybody remember a miniseries/ABC-TV movie from the 80's called "AMERIKA"?? It starred Robert Urich, Kris Kristofferson, and Sam Neill among others... "ten years after a Soviet takeover of the US" was the premise... The US was broken up by the Soviet occupation government into 10 five-state regions... Sure wish I could get that movie on DVD...

Sorta sounds like that... Considering how this country has been going for a long time now and how it looks to be going in the immediate future, I certainly wouldn't be surprised, and I sure wouldn't shed a tear... NOTHING lasts forever...

Besides, Texas was better off as an independent country anyway... should've stayed that way! JMHO! OL JR :)

Doug Sams
11-26-2008, 10:15 AM
Besides, Texas was better off as an independent country anyway... should've stayed that way! JMHO! OL JR :)I was thinking it didn't sound like such a bad idea either. Maybe reconstitute the CSA. I figure some of those midwestern states in flyover territory might want in on the deal, too :)

Doug

tbzep
11-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Sheesh - yet another fool talking out of his arse! What are the odds he's got some personal (or financial) connection with Putin? (I'm convinced Putin is trying to rebuild the old Soviet Union - between the invasion of Georgia and all the railing against the west, he's obviously pining for the "good old days" when he was in the KGB!)

Greg

The way things are in the world today, the old Super Power Cold War almost seems desirable.

Lots of pluses to the Cold War:

1. Everybody was afraid to mess with the USA/USSR
2. We had lots of cool new planes and missiles to drool over
3. Plenty of govt. jobs in the military and civilian jobs in support or supply of the military and we didn't have to invent jobs for people
4. We never had to worry about terrorists on our soil
5. If war did break out, MAD would keep us from suffering very long
6. Well stocked bomb shelters made cool forts for kids to play in

:cool:

gpoehlein
11-26-2008, 11:25 AM
OK - in light of the movie references I want to be the first to say this:

"Wolverines!!!"

:D

Greg

Jeff Walther
11-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Wait till you guys see what Texas has planned for New Mexico and Oklahoma!

You left out Colorado. We'll reclaim all of our old territory...

tbzep
11-26-2008, 12:11 PM

"Wolverines!!!"

Greg

Thank goodness that movie was pre-Dirty Dancing, or I would have never watched it. :rolleyes:

DaveR
11-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Thank goodness that movie was pre-Dirty Dancing, or I would have never watched it. :rolleyes:
You have 2 women in your house so I know good and well that every time Dirty Dancing comes on; it's on a TV somewhere in the house regardless if you're watching or not. :D .....At least it is at mine..... :rolleyes:

evil ed
11-26-2008, 02:19 PM

"Wolverines!!!"

Greg

From "Red Dawn" or "Ren and Stimpy"?

gpoehlein
11-26-2008, 02:53 PM
From "Red Dawn" or "Ren and Stimpy"?

Your choice! :p

Greg

tbzep
11-26-2008, 03:49 PM
You have 2 women in your house so I know good and well that every time Dirty Dancing comes on; it's on a TV somewhere in the house regardless if you're watching or not. :D .....At least it is at mine..... :rolleyes:

And "You've Got Mail". They watch that stuff over and over! :eek:

Doug Sams
11-26-2008, 03:59 PM
...every time Dirty Dancing comes on; it's on a TV somewhere in the house regardless if you're watching or not. :D We gotta be fair. There are certainly some guy movies that never go unwatched. I'll never miss Big Jake or the movie M*A*S*H or Airplane or Animal House. It'd be sacrilege :)

Doug

barone
11-26-2008, 05:11 PM
And "You've Got Mail". They watch that stuff over and over! :eek:
...Hope Floats.....The Mirror Has Two Faces......While You Were Sleeping..... :(

luke strawwalker
11-26-2008, 10:21 PM
You left out Colorado. We'll reclaim all of our old territory...

Yeah, I want Colorado Springs, Denver, Cheyenne, Casper, and Cody too all back where they belong... in the OLD TEXAS BOUNDARY before US Annexation... http://arms2armor.com/maps/1845tex.htm

This is the 29th province of Texas... :)

As I explained it to my Yankee mother in law when we were discussing Israel/Palestine... Technically speaking if THAT is still occupied territory, then SO IS THE CSA... We're still "occupied" by the USA since 1865... AND WE WANT OUR TERRITORY BACK!!!! :)

Yall have a good one! OL JR :)

Steward
12-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Does this mean that I can now begin research and development of gyroscopic control surfaces and targeting systems...???

You know... moving up from Big Berthas to really, really, Big Berthas...???
From low power into "F's and G's"...???

GIJoe
12-04-2008, 08:13 PM

My sister has a horse. I see this a lot!!

Really, I figured when the Barb Wire fell down you could just walk across the border and nobody would ever know.

cwbullet
12-08-2008, 09:09 PM
This Russian guy needs to step away from his Crack pipe.