PDA

View Full Version : Hobby Expo 2008

Rocket Doctor
10-08-2008, 12:08 PM
The International Hobby Expo Show is being held in Rosemont Il on Saturday October 18th and Sunday October 19th.

http://www.ihobbyexpo.com/

AKPilot
10-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Posted it elsewhere, but I'm there at 10:00am on Saturday.

Just got to see what Estes brings, shows, or sells.

ghrocketman
10-08-2008, 01:31 PM
I'd like to see Estes sell the whole freakin' company to someone who really cares about hobbyist rocket builders. That's what I'd like 'em to bring to the show for sale.
Every decision made by that mgmt. staff (or is it a staff of ONE) seems to get progressively worse and more moronic designed not to satisfy customers, but to deliberately alienate them.
The last one was no direct parts sales.

Somebody should write a book titled "How NOT to run a hobby corporation" and just bio the last 10 years at the big "E". Once WM gets their hooks into you it is almost impossible to escape. That is why companies should avoid anything to do with WM at all cost.
No way in Hades would I allow them to have any influence on any company I owned, EVER.
I don't like the way they do business, I don't like what they stand for, and worst of all they and those like them are responsible for the ever-shrinking middle class with their sub-standard non-living wages & joke benefits and low price at all cost attitude. The only time I am ever in their stores is when my wife drags me there. Any company that willingly closes stores when a union gets voted in should be dragged before the man ! They repeatedly are found guilty of unfair/illegal labor practices even without unions. WM DESERVES a UNION workforce at all their locations.

Rocket Doctor
10-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Posted it elsewhere, but I'm there at 10:00am on Saturday.

Just got to see what Estes brings, shows, or sells.

Fill us all in on what they have to offer.

Gus
10-08-2008, 07:01 PM
I wonder if our usual "spies" will be there. ;)

We always seem to get a good report of the show but, unfortunately, stuff which debuts there often never actually makes it to market. :(

dwmzmm
10-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Rocket Doctor, is the Hobby Expo similar to the Makers Faire that Estes participated in last
year? Wish I could go to this.

Rocket Doctor
10-09-2008, 07:10 AM
Rocket Doctor, is the Hobby Expo similar to the Makers Faire that Estes participated in last
year? Wish I could go to this.

NO, this is basically a trade show on Thursday and Friday Oct 16th and 17th, and, is open to the public on Saturday and Sunday Oct 18th and 19th.

Basically, it's many major hobby manufacturers that have booths there with their new products, on a larger scale than the Makers Faire.

Follow the link above

jetlag
10-09-2008, 08:19 AM
I'd be interested to see if they bring their (Shrox's) Daedalus and Lancer rockets. Think we will EVER see those?
Allen

ghrocketman
10-09-2008, 08:34 AM
Doubt the Daedalus or Lancer will ever be produced.
Why you ask ?
Because it would make good sense to do so and would be the antithesis of how the big "E" has operated under the current regime.

jetlag
10-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Doubt the Daedalus or Lancer will ever be produced.
Why you ask ?
Because it would make good sense to do so and would be the antithesis of how the big "E" has operated under the current regime.

I can only hope Tower Hobbies has it right: "order pending" for both. 'Course they have been listed that way there for several months :( Hey, the Solar Flare made it (amazingly enough).
Allen