PDA

View Full Version : collecting catalogs - best way to store?

joecool
09-22-2008, 12:14 PM
So I figure if I'm going to try to collect the original Estes models it'd help to have the old catalogs. I've got three coming in the mail so far. I want to use 'em but I also want to have a good way to store them to keep them in good condition. Any suggests for a good storage method that would also keep 'em safe?

Phred
09-22-2008, 12:49 PM
I would suggest going to your local comic book store with a catalog, and asking for poly covers... see which size fts best.

Fred

sandman
09-22-2008, 01:21 PM
I use plastic shoe boxes from the dollar store.

Peartree
09-22-2008, 01:26 PM
The comic store will also have acid free backing cardboard sheets that are made to fit the poly bags. These may not be absolutely necessary, but comic collectors use them to protect their comics from getting bent corners or odd bends during storage and handling.

joecool
09-22-2008, 01:33 PM
can i put the poly covers in a 3-ring binder? like i said, i'm looking for easy access and easy storage, as well as good protection.

Solomoriah
09-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Comic bags are intended for storage in standard comic collector's boxes; they won't go in a binder, as there is no margin to holepunch. They are also generally too soft to hold up in such an application.

... says the guy who has WAY too many comics ...